I'm Mad!

Yesterday I went to Yankee Candle to get an electric tart burner. I spent $20 bucks on the darn thing and it doesn't even melt the tarts all the way. The room it's in is pretty cool...because I am not going to turn the heat on yet...waiting until we can't take the cold any more before we start burning up our very expensive heating oil...has anyone else had any problem with Yankee's electric burners? Or is my room just too cold? My little warmer I got from Wally World works way better and I only spent $4.92 for it but it's not the most attractive, that's why I went for Yankee's burner. Oh yeah, and I bought some tarts...I know, I make my own so why buy theirs...well, they had a ton of great scents that I just couldn't resist. Since they didn't burn completely in the burner I decided to try my own tart blend with a much softer wax and those don't melt completely either. What's up with that? If I want to return the burner, do you think they'll take it, even though it's been used?

Q: Does Yankee Candle have a return policy?

A: Yes - Yankee Candle® Company takes great pride in the quality of craftsmanship and, most importantly, your satisfaction with your purchase. All of our products are backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you still have the merchandise, please feel free to return it to any Yankee Candle store or send it to us at: Yankee Candle Catalog Sales Returns, One Plain Road, South Deerfield, MA 01373. We will send you a full refund with proof of purchase or a replacement if that is what you prefer.

Well I am also ticked.I got a candle warmer at Michaels.It was fine for some scents so I thought I will try one from Wal Mart.I looked and was thinking the wattage may be higher so go with that.Maybe the scent throw would be better for the wickless.After looking now at both warmers they are identical.Same company and all info the same BUT for a number that is typed/stuck on the back of the warmers.

WOW though $20.00.I am sorta OK with the $4.92.Just thought I was getting a different and higher wattage but the same brand. WRONG.

LynnS

If it isn't melting I would take it back.For sure.That is alot for something that doesn't work.

That's it...I'm taking it back today.

Fire and Ice: I can't exactly bring it back with a half melted tart in it...it will solidify in matter of minutes. LOL They're just going to have to take my word for it.

Candlescents: Thanks for the info on Yankee's return policy. I should have looked that up myself.

By the way, the warmer that I got from Wally World for 4.92 works really well...it's from Aroma Scent. I've just been putting one of my soap stone, copper lined tops to my tea light burners on the warmer and with the heat it generates, it really throws out some scent. I think it helps to have that copper liner to really heat things up as well...it just doesn't look very nice.

Thanks everybody!

It could of been that your room is to cold, I had my air conditioner on during the summer and my tarts were half melted to, so i turned off the air conditioner and the tarts melted.

But then again it could of been the tart melter to, I would return it, and try another tart melter to see if it works better.

Mindy :)

Tried the warmer again...in a warm room without any drafts...still not melting completely. Talked to my sister who has the same kind and it does the same thing with her's. It's a 12 amp warmer and just doesn't get hot enough to completely melt it...you could pick up the bowl by the sides and it's cool, the only place it was hot was on the very bottom...that's why as it melted, the sides kept re-solidifying. I'm bringing it back today and get one of the other tea light burners they have...they've got some real nice ones.

It doesn't have a light bulb...it has a heat plate. I returned it today, without any problems at all. I did an exchange with one of their new metal tea light burners. It's really nice, it's sort of asian in design and bronze color and man, oh man, that thing melts the tarts so quick because the metal conducts the heat so well. I guess I'll be staying with the tea light burners and my Aroma Scent warmer...I'm guarenteed a nice hot burn every time with those.