half ball candles

More often now I am seeing candles that look like they are half of a circle. I tried to find a picture but I couldn't, so I hope you guys know what I am talking about. If you do, do you just use half of a ball mold to make them? I looked on some tags to see what they were called they called them sphere candles.

Here is another one I was wondering how it is made. Anyone know?

post-484-139458382879_thumb.jpg

I'm sure they are just half a mold (I haven't seen a pic of these, but by your description that sounds so)

The pillars you have pictured I would guess are just full pillars made with a wick pin, then sawed on a 45 degree angle to give the effect. So they'd get 2 of those funky pillars out of one mold.

I cannot even imagine how those would burn. It looks to me like the heat from the flame would melt off the higher portion and use the lower as a slide right onto your table top lol.. IMO I'd avoid that shape unless you could manage a successful tunnel burn

I thought they were pretty unique but they are impractical. They don't look cut to me due to the rounded edges.

Actually I was more interested in finding out how to make the half ball candles. I threw these on cuz they were interesting and found them on my other search.

I am going to break down and buy one of the half ball candles and I will take a picture of it to show you guys.