Webset Preview Chocoholic Candles

candlegrl

I'm probably going to be going against everyone's opinion here but there's something not quite right for me.

I love love love your website, it looks so delicious and sophisticated. I realllllly like your logo too, it's lovely. But I don't feel the two work together?

The site is so simple and stylish - upper class with a beautiful photo in the header, but the logo is quite clip-arty and cartoony. It also blends into the background a lot. When I look at the site, the photo of the chocs is the first thing that pops into my field of vision, not the name of your company. I know it sounds crazy..but have you tried perhaps some highlights in red or white (white for white chocolate, red for raspberry filling) or something to just make your logo "ker pow". Or perhaps simplify the logo so it wasn't so cartoony and more stylishly simple.....

Perhaps nobody else feels this way but I would love to see your logo actually pop out at me rather than blend quietly into the background and perhaps with less of the "clip-art" look?

sorry if I've upset you with my comments!.

This is great!

LOL how do you know you upset me :)

Thank you for your imput.

Lisa~

I'm probably going to be going against everyone's opinion here but there's something not quite right for me.

I love love love your website, it looks so delicious and sophisticated. I realllllly like your logo too, it's lovely. But I don't feel the two work together?

The site is so simple and stylish - upper class with a beautiful photo in the header, but the logo is quite clip-arty and cartoony. It also blends into the background a lot. When I look at the site, the photo of the chocs is the first thing that pops into my field of vision, not the name of your company. I know it sounds crazy..but have you tried perhaps some highlights in red or white (white for white chocolate, red for raspberry filling) or something to just make your logo "ker pow". Or perhaps simplify the logo so it wasn't so cartoony and more stylishly simple.....

Perhaps nobody else feels this way but I would love to see your logo actually pop out at me rather than blend quietly into the background and perhaps with less of the "clip-art" look?

I absolutely love your layout. It's funny how people are drawn to different aspects, but my focus went immediately to your company name. I'm a font junkie & think it's perfect. It's very candy store whimsical & fun, but not at all cartoonish, nor lacking an upscale presence. We do color design for houses (paint, texture & specialty techniques) & I think everything coordinates very well & has a definite 'wow' factor. You have a unique, fun product & have presented it very well - by far, one of the best I've seen.

Susan.

I love the candy with the wick glowing. That's what caught my eye when I first looked at your webpage. The colors are perfect for your product, the layout is easy on the eye and the candy graphics add the special touch. Whimsical and upscale, I'd definitely take a look at what ya got. Candlegrl, I think you've find your niche. :wink2:

Okay I want to thank you all for your positive imput you all are so wonderful. I have put 100% into this as my other 3 sites. This site I was going to build it and sell it I dont think I will not part with it I feel I cant.

winewicks.com and candlesbythebay.com we are selling.

I love it!

Awesome...

love the bon bons on the top and then the bon-bon candle lower...really neat concept...!

Who is doing the website work for you?

I am working with Beckie studiobeckdesigns.com we work well together.

We have done 5 websets together in the last 3 yrs she is truly gifted and my ideas click with her.

Okay.. going to be honest... it's a lovely webset, but I agree somewhat with the earlier critical comment. The logo does somewhat blend in with the whole thing. Maybe it's different on different monitors, I know it's a frequent pain for me to design something and see it look completely different on another monitor, but it doesn't pop.

Secondly, the CANDLES bit pops out to me, more than the Chocoholic bit. I'm not sure if this was intentional, just an observation. Maybe try making the Candles a tad smaller? Also, was wondering how Chocoholic would look with a capital 'C'.

Otherwise, looking good!

Just to clarify candlegrl, your websites are awesome, this one is no exception. Just commenting on the remarks of some others. I think the logo "pops" and well as the little chocolate candle. Beautifully done.

Thank you! ;)

Ok, excuse me if I seem so "duh", or whatever, but weren't you the one that had the wine wicks and have it up for sale? Why chocoholics? Just curious, that's all. Wondering what is driving you to different "passions"?:undecided Creating a great site, great business, then sell? To start another, get gret biz then sell....if so, go for it! You had the wine, now chocolate, what's next? (actually this seems quite entising! LOL)

Thanks!

Carrie

Ok, excuse me if I seem so "duh", or whatever, but weren't you the one that had the wine wicks and have it up for sale? Why chocoholics? Just curious, that's all. Wondering what is driving you to different "passions"?:undecided Creating a great site, great business, then sell? To start another, get gret biz then sell....if so, go for it! You had the wine, now chocolate, what's next? (actually this seems quite entising! LOL)

Thanks!

Carrie

Well I love to create! I come up with ideas and do it. I drive my family nuts.They always say whats next LOL:grin2: Hey maybe I am going through a mid life thing who the heck knows.Hey do you need any ideas?:D

Looks fabulous, to my untrained eyes, LOL. How catty can we be. Like we all don't wish we could do that? I am not talking about nattycat either.

To each his or her own :)

Criticism that's unbiased, given for constructive purposes and with good intentions is a very valuable asset that may not be immediately appreciated by a lot of people (though I have to admit, sincere praise is a fabulous asset as well), but I do agree with you. Some people can be catty.

Shame on catty people.