Eco wick question

I'm new to this board, stumbled upon it and I've been browsing for a couple of weeks now. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for so decided to sign up and ask the question. I've been making soy candles for about 5 years now, way back in the beginning I tested ECO wicks in C3 wax as I heard they were soy coated and thought they might be better to use in soy. Back then, the Eco wicks smoked badly and was wondering if anyone here that uses them in soy noticed the same thing? I'm now using cotton wicks or CD wicks with a few fragrances and while they are working fine I seem to remember really loving the way the Eco's burned. Maybe they've improved the Eco's in the past 4 years? I think I tested almost every wick they make at one time...Thanks for any info.

Used Eco's within the past 6 months and they smoked with every fo I used. I use C3 and I think I've asked the same question before but it didn't seem to happen to anyone else! Now at least I know someone else had a problem with them smoking. Mine smoked on and off throughout the entire candle.

I use C3 in 2.5 dia, pint masons, eco10. No smoking but they do tend to mushroom with some FO's. I started with eco12 and went down to the 10 on everything except CS's Basil and Herb.

Brenda

I tested C3 with Eco 12's in a 3 1/8" container (and even in the 8 oz square tin.) Now I know it isn't that my wicks were too large if yours are not smoking. Don't know what it is but they smoke with every fo from start of the candle to finish. It's too bad, because they do burn well. I'll put up with shrooms before I will smoke.

All of the FO's I tested so far are from Candlescience - possibly the smoking is related to your FO's, any additives or dye?

Don't dye and when I was trying ECO's all of my fo's were from CS or Gen Wax, (except one fo) they both carry the same line of fo's.