ISO Salt Bar Recipe...

ShoogieScents

Salts bars are made with a high percentage of coconut oil. You can be make them with 100% coconut oil. Or less amount but your bar will mostly be made with CO. Some will do variances of this using 80% CO and 20% other oils. or 90% CO and 10% castor.

Then you add salt. This varies from person to person. I use as much salt as I have oils and butters (ex. 24 oz of oils and butters, 24 oz of salt) and add them at trace. You can use any kind of salt except epsom and dead sea salt. However, some do use DSS but I've never had a recipe turn out when I've used it. Some use it dissolving it in their lye water.

• 5 months later...
What is the purpose or advantages of a salt bar??

Salt bars are said to help with skin problems, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis.

I've never made salt bars and was also doing a search for recipes. I had no idea co & salt is all there is to it.

You can create your own salt bar recipe but make sure there is atleast 50 percent Coconut Oil the other 50 can be a combo of hard and liquid oils.

I like to do 60 coconut oil 5 Babassu 5 Palm, 10 Olive oil, 10 Shea, 5 Crisco, 5 Castor.

Whatever amount of oils you use use the same in Salt or if you have trouble with crumbly bars I sometimes use less salt about 2 ounces.

Barbara

You can create your own salt bar recipe but make sure there is atleast 50 percent Coconut Oil the other 50 can be a combo of hard and liquid oils.

I like to do 60 coconut oil 5 Babassu 5 Palm, 10 Olive oil, 10 Shea, 5 Crisco, 5 Castor.

Barbara

Then what do you superfat at? I'm trying to conquer the salt bar, but so far it' whipping me!

• 1 year later...

Whatever amount of oils you use use the same in Salt or if you have trouble with crumbly bars I sometimes use less salt about 2 ounces.

Barbara

Barbara, do you superfat your salt bars?

I superfat at 8%. Also, after the soap is in the mold I put it in the oven @ 170 degrees for about or so and cut as soon as it is cool enough to handle (do not let it cool completely) or you will look funny using that big log of salt soap to take a shower:laugh2: