Centering Wick Help

Hi,

Well I use the wick centering tool, but before that someone had given me a great tip and that was to trace the bottom of my container on to paper and then to measure the exact center and make a dot, then place your jar on top and you will have a perfect wick. I would highly recommend investing in the tool,much faster! and no thinking to do it! Hope this helps!

Valerie

Anyone have any nifty tips on getting the wick tab centered in the base of the jar?

TIA,

Jacqui

I have a file I can send you if you like. I call it The Candle Target. It's only useful if you can see through the bottom of your jar but it's set up like a huge set of crosshairs. The concentric circles are 1/2" apart, with tick marks on the quarter inch. Since we can't attach that kind of file here, I guess I'd have to email it to you privately. Just let me know.

Ronnie

I have the setter centering tool, and even flush there's still too much wiggle room and it doesn't always get centered. I do better with sighting it on the colored/covered containers and with the glass, the logo's are always centered (so far) so I stick it on that.

I have a file I can send you if you like. I call it The Candle Target. It's only useful if you can see through the bottom of your jar but it's set up like a huge set of crosshairs. The concentric circles are 1/2" apart, with tick marks on the quarter inch. Since we can't attach that kind of file here, I guess I'd have to email it to you privately. Just let me know.

Ronnie

Thanks so much Ronnie. I got your attachment and tried it out last night. It was a BIG help.

Candletech members are the best!!! I joined back in 2003 when there were less than 200 members. Now it's over 7,000 strong and I wouldn't go anywhere else for candle making advice.

I love candletech!

Ronnie

Can you email me a copy of the file? lamic@comcast.net

Thanks!

Sorry folks! I just sent it to the two of you that requested it. I has several PM's as well asking for it and as far as I know I've sent all those as well. I lost track of this thread and missed these two requests .. my apologies :) If anyone else needs it, please PM just to make sure I don't miss it