Forever Palm Pillars

Kay

I have a craft fair coming up at the end of Nov. MY very first one..I'm so excited! I have about 30 Forever Palm Pillars made & now working on labeling..man that's the hard part..lol

I just love these candles, one reason being I don't have to worry so much about burning someones house down. I have tested many tea lights in these & have not had one melt or crack. I'm pretty confident about these & hope there is a good turn out. I'm not looking to make a lot of money...maybe just enough to buy more materials...I love doing this just on my free time...having a candle turn out is like a drug for me...I get so high...lol :D

Thanks for looking....

Oh I mixed feather & starburst palm wax to get that effect...I just love it..do you?

post-5306-139458434566_thumb.jpg

post-5306-139458434572_thumb.jpg

post-5306-139458434574_thumb.jpg

Those look awesome! I have made forever pillars with IGI 1242 and had some melting, when you use Palm wax do you make the votives in palm too? Did you use the votive plug for these?

I tried the votives with the palm wax & yes i had melting, so i only do the tea light plug. The votive just gets to hot. Plus with the glass tea light in there along with the plastic tea light, its double coating.

Wow.....those look great. I like the mix of waxes. Donita

Thanks! I love the way the mixing of the wax looks. I dont like the feather wax all that much & had some left over (about 10#) so i decided to mix it so i wouldnt waste any. It came out awesome..so now i have to buy feather & starburst...lol But i dont care..i love the look. I do make my tarts out of the feather palm wax too..

Those look awesome! I have made forever pillars with IGI 1242 and had some melting, when you use Palm wax do you make the votives in palm too? Did you use the votive plug for these?

I have made votives in Palm wax, but not sure if i like it...its so brittle..they chip very easily. I only make the lea lights in my pillars though..wasnt sure if you meant regular votives or the votives in the pillars..sorry

How was your show? Did you sell alot?

It was great, thanks. I posted about it on the business side of things page. I did sell alot, but more containers than pillars. You have a greater selection though from what I can see. I pretty much stuck to holiday scents for the pillars and only one shape/size.

It was great, thanks. I posted about it on the business side of things page. I did sell alot, but more containers than pillars. You have a greater selection though from what I can see. I pretty much stuck to holiday scents for the pillars and only one shape/size.

I just saw your post on the business side of things & WOW!!!...that was a great set up..gave me lots of great ideas.

I dont do containers right now, only the forevers & tea lights & tarts, but I dont scent my pillars either, but I scent my tea lights to go with the pillars...Hoping people like that idea..i just noticed that if i scented the pillar you had to stick with one kind of scented tea light, you cant change it up any..The scent of the pillar clashes with the tea light if you do so. I'm going to get peoples ideas at the craft fair & hope everyone agrees.

Wish me luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I made a forever palm pillar and it melted with the tealight :( Lisa (jakalex) told me to mix glass glow with my starburst to raise the melt point so they won't melt. I will try another one adding the glass glow.

Yours are gorgeous!!!

Kay, those do look fantastic. Who do you order your feather and starburst palm wax from? I have feathering palm from Swan's but they don't have the starburst.

I get all my stuff from CandleScience, but right now they are out til Nov. 20th so having to get my order from Candlewic. (another great place)

I made a forever palm pillar and it melted with the tealight :( Lisa (jakalex) told me to mix glass glow with my starburst to raise the melt point so they won't melt. I will try another one adding the glass glow.

Yours are gorgeous!!!

I'm having a little melting, but not much...i just burned like 3 tea lights the other day & after looking there IS some melting around the edge, but not enough to worry about.

Very very nice! I too am in love with the caramel (gold) colored pillars! How much do you sell those for?

Are they really strongly scented, or basically just for looks? What scent did you do the gold ones in, if scented.

i normally don't scent those since i make the scented tea lights too. If you scent the pillar, the different tea light scents clash....but I do scent them if wanted. I have one brown one in my bathroom & its scented caramelized pralines...MMmmmm, man it smells good. Makes me hungry every time i go in there, lol

I sell those 3 inch diameters for $13.95 with a 6 pack of tea lights in your choice of scent. The 4 inch ones are $14.95. I just started selling those...making sure the pillars dont melt.