No warning labels?

Hillary

I went into a candle shop today that makes soy jar candles. That's their whole business. They have 2 stores actually, but this is the first time I've been there. I was really suprised to see that they didn't have warning labels on ANY of the candles. They own 2 stores with another one opening soon and they don't have warning lables. I know the label just tells the consumer what they already know, but as a business I would think you'd take every precaution to cover your a$$. Does this suprise anyone else? Just curious....

NOPE, Not surprised!

Just like smart people in this world, there are not so smart people in this world.

Who knows, maybe they have lots of money and don't need protection.

Next time your in there, ask them if they have liability insurance on their candles, you may get surprised again. They probably will give you a blank stare. lol

No, it doesn't surprise me. I've seen threads like this so many times though. It's nothing new. As long as you put warning labels on YOUR candles, that's all you need to worry about. There are tons of lazy, mis-informed, and under-informed people out there who won't do the right thing. You should count yourself among the lucky ones who KNOW what to do because you have excellent resources available to you! :D People will get away with whatever they can..

You should count yourself among the lucky ones who KNOW what to do because you have excellent resources available to you! :D

That I do Prairieannie.

This was a really nice little shop. Kind of going for a trendy feel. I am just so suprised that they would skip warning labels. I know that the label won't protect from a law suit, but it sure seems like it would help a little if you did get sued!

I'm really surprised that they didn't have any warning labels on their product. Could the warning label have been inside the lid or on a hangtag?

It's almost like some candlemakers that did a joint craftshow that I did last year. They made their candles in various sized jars that they got at garage sales. I asked how they tested with so many different sizes and was told that they don't test, just guess.

I'm really surprised that they didn't have any warning labels on their product. Could the warning label have been inside the lid or on a hangtag?

No hangtags..and I don't think they boxed them. The name of the store is on the front of the candle jar and there's a sticker on the bottom with the scent and weight info. They only have 1 jar size. This is one of those places that lets you pour your own candle. No other customers were in there when we went in so I don't know how they do that part. But I guess if a customer pours their own mix of scents they don't need to worry about labeling it if it's just the store name on the front of the jar.

Carebear you could be right. I guess it could be that if you purchase maybe they give you a flyer with warning info or something. I didn't buy though. I might have to go back and look around some more. It's a nice shop with a very contemporary feel. It just seems really dumb to not have a warning lable. :confused: