Poll: Use 100% Soy or Soy with additives?

Which best describes the wax you use most often? (2 week poll - vote for 1 please)  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which best describes the wax you use most often? (2 week poll - vote for 1 please)

• 100% soy - straight from the box
    • 100% soy & I mix in my own additives (UV, USA, etc)
    • Soy - preblended with additives from my supplier
    • Soy and paraffin blend

I voted "straight from the box". However, I have given up on the soy wax world, whether it be with additives or not. I have tried it all in my 7 year soy wax experience. My reason being, the inconsistency of the soy wax(es). You can never be sure how the next batch you purchase will burn, or if it will burn at all. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to retest my line due to the inconsistencies. I am now looking for another container wax. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I feel honesty is the best policy. This has been my "personal" experience. Others may feel differently.

Guest LightofDawn

I use soy w/additives. For me the only way to go. I started out with straight soy but the additives help me to achieve the candle I was looking for.

Dawn

I indicated 100% soy because if If I have to use additives, it isn't pure. And if I cant make candles using pure soy like I tell people they are, then I won't make them at all. I will use para instead and sell them as para.

It really bothers me when people say they are making 100% soy when in fact they aren't.

Just my opinion.....

It really bothers me when people say they are making 100% soy when in fact they aren't.
People state what they are told by their wax product descriptions. Not people's fault when there is no industry standard for how much soy wax in a wax formula constitutes a soy wax... :rolleyes2 and suppliers and manufacturers are telling them in product descriptions that certain waxes are "100% soy wax," then sometimes stating that the wax contains "botanical oils." I don't know how the industry defines "botanical oil" either. :undecided Until there is an industry standard for soy wax, it really won't matter what the descriptions say because there is no push for manufacturers to have to state this, and suppliers simply state what the manufacturer has told them in their product descriptions and technical data. Vegetable oil for food use has to list the different oils in decending order, but not a product that one burns in ones indoor environment and breathes...:confused:

Now THAT is what really bothers me...:undecided

Judy, I need to change my vote from 100% soy plus my own additives to vegetable wax blend (which probably contains a lot of soy wax) plus my own additives.

Judy, I need to change my vote from 100% soy plus my own additives to vegetable wax blend (which probably contains a lot of soy wax) plus my own additives.

It's taken care of, Stella - got someone else who uses 100% soy to vote the way you would have vosted so the poll results are accurate! :smiley2:

I indicated 100% soy because if If I have to use additives, it isn't pure. And if I cant make candles using pure soy like I tell people they are, then I won't make them at all. I will use para instead and sell them as para.

Just my opinion.....

I totally agree!! I use 100% soy too I was adding beeswax but have stoped.

I don't think they always know. Look at all the confusion over C-3 (which apparently IS 100% soy).

I think some suppliers think that 100% soy PLUS additives can be called 100% soy without mentioning the fine print... go figure.

I don't think they always know. Look at all the confusion over C-3 (which apparently IS 100% soy).

I think some suppliers think that 100% soy PLUS additives can be called 100% soy without mentioning the fine print... go figure.

Yes, I've gotten four PMs from voters who went back and re-read their wax descriptions and found they mistakenly voted 100% soy. Their Soy is described as "specially blended" or "pre-blended".

I have no way of adjusting the vote tabulation.