Labels for Lip Balms, Etc.

NamaNama

I use 2 x 4 avery labels but realized they don't stick the greatest around the edges. I just cut them in half for each tube. (1 x 2) So I took a vertical strip of laminate and stuck it down the middle to hold them down. The waterproof labels stick better IMO but you have to get those online or from a co-op. I use Print Shop to create mine.

My labels took me forever to figure out and get just right..what a pain:D

However, I print mine on regular printing paper, cut down to size and adhere to the label with clear packing tape cut down to size as well. Sticks very well, is waterproof and looks good!

However, if I could find a waterproof label that is the exact measurements for these darn lip balm tubes (I use the oval tubes) then I would defnitely use those so I don't have to do all the darned cutting!

Angi

I use full-sheet label paper (8.5x11 w/ no pre-punched sizes) so I can custom-size my lip balm labels. It's a bit of a pain in the butt, but gets the job done. I use Quark to set my labels.

I use full sheets as well. I design on Avery Design Pro ( go to www.avery.com and there is a free download). I just make them and use my paper cutter to cut them out. I do use the waterproof labels from www.onlinelabels.com or www.labelsbythesheet.com

Ann M

• 2 weeks later...
i too use full sheet labels and cut to fit using a paper cutter. i design my in publisher

Me too but I use Adobe Illustrator. The label doesn't stick very well so I use clear tape to keep it from peeling. You can also buy shrink bands in lip balm tube size to protect the label.

I use crystal clear round labels (about 1 2/3" round). They wrap around the tube nicely, but the edges do not stick very well, so I use tube shrink bands. I have some vinyl rounds which stick, but I just like the look of the clear best.