sales reps

amachs03

A sales rep usually only sells wholesale to shops. They standard fee is 15% off the wholesale price. I pay my reps once my customer pays me. You have to figure your commission into your costs. It seems like a lot, but it's a lot cheaper than doing wholesale shows, in my opinion.

Nancy

I think the standard is 15% as stated above. It is worth every penny because I really don't like to travel and would rather pay someone else to do that instead. I tally up the total sales they made for me at the end of the month and than send them their checks by the 15th. If there are no sales than they don't get paid.

My sales rep found me also. He gets 15% of the WS price and gets paid after the customer pays for their order.

I do have a question for all of you that already have sales reps....do you help pay for the booth rentals at the WS shows they take your product to?

I have been thinking about this? I had thought maybe reps sell at work, to friends and relatives but looks like stores. Seemed they would do better that way.

If 15% of wholesale they would have to get alot of accounts to make it. Say a $400.00 order from a store they get $60.00. The running, presentation, gas and time seems they would expect more. Not always would the order be that high and other times higher. Of course the more the better but what if only 1 or 2 stores.

I guess they would just have to start peddling harder.

I just have the best feedback on my candles and did pretty good at my last 2 shows but both I had some problems. One was very very cold and the opposite with the other show. Very very hot.Took more breaks than ever and the one where it was so hot had to get a fan. That took some time. Lost bunches in sales. Husband had to work that day so no one to stay there while I got the fan.

Had my 2 best customers stop and buy alot and then as they were shopping all the others came in and purchased as they were bragging.

LynnS