New soaps

Meridith

1st soap is Lemongrass & Star Anise. I usually color this FO black and yellow but when I went to get my black oxide to mix with the glycerin, I realized I did not have any black oxide left so I had to quickly improvise and use brown oxide. The colors don't match the scent but at least they are fall like. This scent holds strong, no morphing, little discoloration and very little acceleration - gives you some time to play.

2nd soap is Honeysuckle Jasmine. I wanted this one to be purple/lavender and golden yellow but lately, I have been very purple challenged. My colorants were yellow oxide and lavender fields (MMS) but the lavender fields came out more gray in color. I still liked it though as it reminds me of a beautiful granite. As with most florals, this one moved a bit fast but was not unmanageable. I soaped at a cooler temp (90 degrees) and hand stirred which I think helped.

3rd soap is a salt bar scented Bonsai and colored with SS aquamarine as the base color and SS purple violet swirled in. This is one strong scent that holds true, no A&D - took forever for it to trace. I finally said enough and just poured that bad boy at very thin trace.

4th soap is another salt bar scented Sea Salt & Cactus. Very light fragrance that I have trouble smelling. DH says he can smell it but I really can not. I can not smell a lot of stuff. lol Soaped beautifully though.

post-121-139458434389_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458434394_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458434397_thumb.jpg

post-121-1394584344_thumb.jpg

Now THOSE are pretty salt bars! I can't decide which is my favorite. Both have such a beautiful soft looking texture. And your colors and swirls are fine, smooth, and distinct. Maybe someday I'll learn to get those qualities.

I can't say I am fond of the Lemongrass & Star Anise. It is forboding... somehow sad looking to me. Probabaly reminding me fall is comeing, soon it will be cold... You achived something special with the texture of the top. Another thing I need to learn to do.

The Honeysuckle Jasmine... That's just beautiful. I would never use that one, it would sit on a doily on a table to be admired...or slipped in the curio cabinet with the rocks my sons collected over the years...

Thanks everyone. :)

Grumpy I just wish I could make the vibrant, colorful swirls you do. I just love the looks of your soaps.:cool2:

GrandmaA - I agree that the lemongrass & star anise is not the prettiest color and yet I do like brown - but not this time. lol I would have preferred to have had it black which is the color I normally make it, but I did not adequately prepare, and at the last minute had to sub a color in that used glycerin to disperse it since I had the glycerin already in the bowl and ready to go. I normally have it all ready, but brain farted and did not prepare that color ahead of time. I had the yellow ready. :o Poor, poor planning on my part. lol But it does smell wonderful. When I first smelled this FO OOB, I hated it but know better to never judge a fragrance based on OOB. Once I soaped it, I loved it. It is one that does not last long on the shelf.

Goodness I wish you lived closer. It would be nothing for me to come bug you all the time lol!

These look great and I wish my screen would give up the scent. I bet lemongrass and star anise is quite interesting. I'll pass on honeysuckle anything because I'm sick of honeysuckle at the moment (but the bar looks good! :) )

And salt bars. I should learn to make these!

I wanna come watch you. Can I? :D I promise to stalk you till you say yes (J/K!)

Here, I'll add this ... I have black oxides lol.

I would gladly welcome you in my home or shop anytime. Truly. :D

Goodness I wish you lived closer. It would be nothing for me to come bug you all the time lol!

These look great and I wish my screen would give up the scent. I bet lemongrass and star anise is quite interesting. I'll pass on honeysuckle anything because I'm sick of honeysuckle at the moment (but the bar looks good! :) )

And salt bars. I should learn to make these!

I wanna come watch you. Can I? :D I promise to stalk you till you say yes (J/K!)

Here, I'll add this ... I have black oxides lol.

edited - typo