More wickless questions

Mnhorsemom

I never really gave any thought to doing the wickless candles til now...I will be doing my first craft show in early December. I got the sign up form on Friday and it says in bold letters no open flames. Well I of course want to have the air around my booth smelling better than all the other air in the building so I guess I would have to go wickless. And if I am going to have a wickless "burning" I might as well try to see if they will sell right :rolleyes2 I like the idea of marketing for elderly and young people who may not be too safe around a flame. So, I suppose I should also sell the warmers. I can get them at Levines for 7.25, is that a good price on an electric burner? I saw another thread about warning labels for wickless, what should they say since I have never seen a warning label for wickless. I make soy containers, would I make the wickless the same way I make my regular candles just no wick? Thanks in advance for answering all my questions, you guys are great!!

At the craftshow I did yesterday I three different types of candle warmers. I doubled the wholesale price of the warmers and no one thought they were too much. I did offer a special of buy 5 wickless candles and get my $9.99 warmer for $5.00 which is what I paid for it.

You will want to test your wax in the container you want to use. I tested a few different waxes/blends and they all melted differently. If you do go with all soy, you will have to educate your customers as to the frosting, etc that happens with it so they don't think something is wrong.

My customers are well educated on my soy candles but I need to find the right jar. I wish square mason jars or hex jars were available locally but they aren't. I will have to ship them in.:rolleyes2

The most reasonable place I found the square mason are from Candle Soylutions. The more cases you order the price drops. With shipping they were way cheaper than the other place I was ordering them from.

http://www.candlesoylutions.com/thumbnail.asp?offset=0&deep=2&cid=41

I got the sign up form on Friday and it says in bold letters no open flames. Well I of course want to have the air around my booth smelling better than all the other air in the building so I guess I would have to go wickless.

Better make sure you get an electrical outlet. I never have.

e

At the craftshow I did yesterday I three different types of candle warmers. I doubled the wholesale price of the warmers and no one thought they were too much. I did offer a special of buy 5 wickless candles and get my $9.99 warmer for $5.00 which is what I paid for it.

Would it be rude of me to ask you where you got the 5 dollar warmers?

I know that wal mart has them.I thought about buying those but would you leave them in the original packaginf or what?

What if one doesn't work right?

Thanks...and if ya don't wanna tell I completely understand :)

Jenn A

I would like to know about the warmers too :D I did a google search and couldn't find anything less than the $7 range. I live in a very rural farming community and folks around here are pretty tight with the spending. If I had to pay 7+ for them I probably couldn't sell them for much more than that. TIA

A couple of weeks ago I saw a sale at Michaels, they had the warmers for 3 for $10. Might want to start looking at their fliers to check when they are on sale again. I bought a bunch of them for xmas. I am sure they will start having them on sale again as xmas time nears. HTH:)

A couple of weeks ago I saw a sale at Michaels, they had the warmers for 3 for $10. Might want to start looking at their fliers to check when they are on sale again. I bought a bunch of them for xmas. I am sure they will start having them on sale again as xmas time nears. HTH:)

Hi,

I sawsomeone post about that sale somwhere but the nearest one to me is like 2 1/2 hrs but I am going there Friday,maybe they'll be having a good sale.

Are you planningon leaving the warmers in the original packaging or taking them out?

Thanks,

Jenn A

I made some baskets up with tarts & warmer, i got the warmer at walmart, i did take it out of package , then put the package in bottom of basket, just in case it didn't work. the person would have the package to take it back to walmart and exchange for another one. of course the basket had filler in it that cover the pack. i then set the dish on the warmer, you be surprise how many people don't know how to use the tarts :)

I made some baskets up with tarts & warmer, i got the warmer at walmart, i did take it out of package , then put the package in bottom of basket, just in case it didn't work. the person would have the package to take it back to walmart and exchange for another one. of course the basket had filler in it that cover the pack. i then set the dish on the warmer, you be surprise how many people don't know how to use the tarts :)

That's a great idea,thanks :)

Jenn A

I would like to know about the warmers too :D I did a google search and couldn't find anything less than the $7 range. I live in a very rural farming community and folks around here are pretty tight with the spending. If I had to pay 7+ for them I probably couldn't sell them for much more than that. TIA

They have them here for only $5.25 each if we buy 1 case (24) of 1 color!! I would take a few of each color! I posted in the co-op section begging for someone to do a these who lives nearby them. Can we get a hostess, please??:D Oh, here is the link:

http://www.candlesoylutions.com/thumbnail.asp?offset=0&deep=1&cid=10

They have them here for only $5.25 each if we buy 1 case (24) of 1 color!! I would take a few of each color! I posted in the co-op section begging for someone to do a these who lives nearby them. Can we get a hostess, please??:D Oh, here is the link:

http://www.candlesoylutions.com/thumbnail.asp?offset=0&deep=1&cid=10

Oh thise are really nice!!

Jenn A