Making a list - checking it twice

Candlebuddy

I'm trying to make a list for Candlewic ... any comments, suggestions, additions? I sure would appreciate them. :highfive:

Caramel Apple Cider

Maple Butter

Mulberry Spice

Sage & Cinnamon

Spiced Cider

Sugared Vanilla Shortbread

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin

Toffee Cinnamon Apple

Gingerbread Spice Cake

Pomegranate

Vanilla Spice

Winter Woods

Whipped Pumpkin Pie

I use a soy blend. TIA.

CB,

Have you ever used any of these oils before? I have never ordered FO from Candlewic, but would love to since they are 15 minutes away from me!! They just aren't talked about much on here so I never bothered. Did get a sample fo the Pomegranate though as a freebie, and I didn't care for it...smelled perfumey to my nose, but you can have it if you want it to see for yourself! It's a 4 oz bottle.

I've added Sage & Cinnamon and Vanilla Spice type to my LONG list of fragrances. I've never sniffed Yank##'s S&C so don't know if it's an exact dupe. But this one throws great in my blend of Perfect Blend/50/50 wax. The Vanilla Spice...I poured a flowerpot votive and the throw was good. I made lotion with this the other day...really yummy.

The Gingerbread Spice Cake needed a longer cure time...over a week. I really like it...my hubby hates it. LOL Toffee Cinnamon Apple smells great but I'm not getting a real good hot throw. I had it burning last night and asked hubby if he could smell it...since I have a cold. He said faintly.

I just got the Sugared Vanilla Shortbread the other day...haven't had a chance to pour it yet. Their Pumpkin Ginger Streusel smells great OOB...but of course you can't rely on OOB reviews.

You might want to throw a sample of Sand & Sea Spray in your cart. This is my new favorite...at the moment. :D

Maggie

Thanks guys ... I've been doing some more research ... here's what I've come up with to add to my list so far ...

Red Apple Peel

White Tea

Sweet Apple Crisp

Sweet Sandalwood

Cinnamon (from their regular line)

Wow, this is going to be a long list ... I was only lookin to buy 6 samples right now. :shocked2:

CW's Red Apple Peel.......I used this one a LONG time ago. It was highly recommended on the old TSR by several people. I poured it back when I used paraffin. For a while I was using CW's CBL waxes. Then I switched to straight paraffin with additives.

I've been using the apple from FH...think it's Red Delicious Apple and it throws really well in my blend. Don't you use FH 50/50? You might want to give hers a try. And...throw a sample of CW's in your cart too. LOL...it's only money........

Maggie

Maggie, I've used FH's RD Apple also, I DOES do well in the FH wax... just didn't have a market for it, odd.... great scent...

CB, let me know about CW's Mulberry Spice, I need a replacement for C&S's....shame, that was a great oil for me, too...just don't want to make that drive for it, too lazy!

I was using the gingerbread spice cake from Candlewic but after trying their snickerdoodle~ the two smell alike to me and I went in search of both scents again.The sweet cinnamon pumpkin smelled perfumey to me and I couldn't stand the smell OOB so I never tested it..If I don't like how it smells in the bottle I normally don't mess with testing the oil.I know I shouldn't do that but there are others that DO smell good OOB and I stick with those, personally..Not sure about the others you have listed but the apple pie is pretty good..Karen~

You got that right Chris.

Back in 2000 I bought my first candlemaking kit from Missy's. I can't even remember now what scents I poured. LOL Anyway...I was searching for suppliers in PA and found CW. I wanted a good Banana Nut Bread and ordered theirs......OMG. It was awful...smelled like something burning in your oven.

Then when they came out with their Ultimate Line I remember everyone saying how good the Red Apple Peel was so I gave them another chance. What a difference. I love their prices on a lot of other things but will only test and use their Ultimate line of fragrances in my candles.

Maggie