Today's craftshow

I did an outdoor craftshow in the small town my parent's live in today. They have an annual show, parade and craftshow displays. The weather in the morning was very nice but the afternoon got windy and dirt started blowing which made it yucky.

I sold 3x my booth fee which wasn't bad considering the amount of the fee so I'm happy, but would've liked to make more. Attendance was way down and the other vendors I spoke to said they were slow too. I took all wickless candles, warmers, potpourri (which I didn't sell any of though people loved the scents and jars they were in) and CP soap. I sold almost all of my soap with people loving the Pumpkin Pie Spice the best. People really liked the idea of wickless and it did take a lot of educating for them to understand how they work. I had a couple of ladies come by my booth several times and asked me to put my products in a two day craft show they are having next month.

I also had a man stop at my booth and ask questions and I finally asked him if he made candles because of the questions he was asking. I just so happens that he works for General Wax (Genwax) in Los Angeles. He was kind of rude but I just hung in there. If there weren't people at my booth at the time, I would've told him how terrible their customer service was, but didn't go there.

Some of you may remember a columist who was popular in the 80's named Rona Barrett. She stopped by my booth to smell my soaps and I can tell you that she's a gorgeous lady. She had the most beautiful skin.

I forgot my camera and used my mom's to take pics of my booth, but was too pooped to go on her computer to download them. Next time I go see her I'll be sure to post them.

At least you made more than your booth fee! I can't wait to see the pictures of your setup!!

What was the guy from Genwax asking? I probably would've told him how bad their CS is! LOL

He started out by asking about my candles and FOs. He then went on to say that the wickless candles were just potpourri and made a comment when I was talking about the good points of wickless candles, i.e. no open flame, sooting, great in offices, dorms and other places that don't allow wick candles. He just had negative things to say about wickless candles.