Big jump btwn Eco 10 & Eco 14 wicks?

My local supplier only carries size 2, 4, 10, and 14 in the Eco wicks, so I bought both of the larger ones. Is there a big jump between the Eco 10 and the Eco 14? I'm using mostly Eco 10's (in 8 oz jj's w/ 415), but if I need a bigger wick, will the 14 be too big for an 8 oz jj? Just wanted to know in case I should have more sizes on hand.

Thank you!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently did a lot of testing with ECO wicks and Enchanted Lites container soy. I've always used CD wicks in the past. What I found was surprising. The ECO 12 had a much deeper melt pool than the ECO14. Can't really explain it unless my supplier mixed up the wick kits during packaging. Wouldn't that be a bummer? Anyway, I found the ECO 4 to work well in a 6 oz metal tin, which has a 2.75" diameter. I'm currently testing an ECO 10 in a 465 ml classic jar with a 3.25" diameter. I found the ECO 14 to be too big - deep melt pool and huge wick mushroom. What I'm saying is that you might want to try some of the smaller ECO sizes, like a 6 or 8. They are pretty powerful wicks in soy.

• 2 weeks later...
I am new to all this wick stuff but it looks like the bigger number of the wick makes a bigger melt pool? Or is it the other way around. And the melt pool should be no more than 1/2 inch, correct?

Dawn

I think with soy you will find that the 1/2" deep melt pool rule doesn't apply. By nature soy will burn deeper more quickly then out...at least through my observations / testing...with soy when correctly wicked you will almost always have a bit of shell or hangup on the first burn, two or three. The hope is that it will 'catch up' as the candle burns down.