febreeze candle

Has any one bought and tested the new febreeze candle? I bought the vanilla one the other day...I am not really sure what it is supposed to do, all I could smell is the vanilla. The febreeze part is around the wick only.

It burns really well though..wish I knew what wax and wick it was..well, it does have a little mushroom..makes me feel better about my mushrooms..

I attached some pics..

out of box.................2hr burn.....................4hr burn

post-7500-13945843335_thumb.jpg

post-7500-139458433353_thumb.jpg

post-7500-139458433356_thumb.jpg

Seen them on tv but this is the first time to see them "in person" lol

I just wonder if that "core" is just a visual marketing tool because I dont see why it couldnt have been made in just one pouring like all the other candles are made?

Thats my idea on it... visual marketing but it is smart and everyone seems to like that fabreeze stuff so im sure they will sell great for them. Maybe I need to dip a taper candle and stick it in the middle of my jars. Probably get a C&D letter in the mail if i did.

Bruce

I bought one out of curiousity. The wall units work so well, I thought for sure the candle would rock!

I never got a complete MP, even after 5 hours of burning.

The glass cracked after 5 hours of burning.

The sucker is now on my candle warmer. Smells OK (cinnamon something), but definitely not knocking my socks off.

I think the febreeze ploy is just colored wax. Another marketing ploy!

I got an Odor Eliminator candle last Christmas, made by some other brand. It also had a round rod of the scented wax which was inserted away from the wick. But parrallel if that makes any sense.

I didnt understand then any more than now why that would make it an "odor eliminating" candle. I think the scented rod was rosemary and eucalyptus but the rest of the wax was uncolored and unscented.

I look forward to reading how such configurations are supposed to be better at eliminating odor as opposed to a candle that is all made of scented wax.

I bought one out of curiousity. The wall units work so well, I thought for sure the candle would rock!

The sucker is now on my candle warmer. Smells OK (cinnamon something), but definitely not knocking my socks off.

I think the febreeze ploy is just colored wax. Another marketing ploy!

The glass cracked and you put it on your warmer? Was it leaking all over the warmer? Just wondering.

Was that 5 continuous hours of burning? And what was the diameter of the candle?

...And folks wonder why I have concerns about glass containers...:shocked2:

Using a cracked glass container in the presence of ANY source of heat is looking for trouble in the worst way... All further heating will do is extend the crack or cause the glass to shatter or totally separate. Very unsafe!:shocked2:

Smells OK (cinnamon something), but definitely NOT knocking my socks off!

My Thoughts on the Fabreeze Candle,

I Think you would have to dig out the wax from about 10 or 12 and put it in a Jar to place on a warmer, or a Tea-light melter to get any throw...

Don't for get to De-Wick first...LOL...

I will get one. I put it off because I feel they make enough on all other stuff they sell. Millions and Millions of dollars and now candles.

I go to the Dollar Store and the worse candles for a $1.00 and people buying 4 at a time.Then I finally get one to try and it lasts 6 hours and tunneled. I dig the rest our for a tart. Also read where a movie star has her line of candles.What next???

Glass breaking. Not good.That would deter me from ever buying another if it happened to me. Once would be enough. Of course all we are doing is testing/trying. Won't make it a habit.

I am sure they don't offer all the scents most of us do. I know of a huge candle company that only offers about 20 fragrances.

LynnS

What is in the white center of the candle? I haven't seen them but DH has bought the spray which smells good. I prefer the smell of bleach. I grew up believing it ain't clean unless it smells like bleach..

Bleach is nice but you can't spray it on you linen couch or car interior.

I had no problems with mine. It had a good scent throw, no cracking of the glass..and believe me when I say I burned it all day long lol! The glass is rather heavy.

Angi

If the Febreze-candle is was new with uncraked glass do you think it could hold up to placing on a warmer? Just Curious...

My daughter bought a fabreeze candle and after 6 hours of non stop burning the glass cracked. And when I walked into the room were it was burning I really diden't notice much of a smell from it. The candle also mushroomed like crazy. So I now know I won't be buying any. I'll stick to makeing and buying my soy candles. :D Regina

I work in a grocery store and we had a bad odor in the back room one day and decided to light up one of these babies and charge it to the penny pinching owner lol. Anways, we didn't burn it for more than an hour or two, but none of us could smell the candle and as for getting rid of the smell, I don't really think it helped...I think our noses just got use to the scent and started blocking it out. And I have to say that I am surprised that the glass has been cracking for others...it really does seem like a heavy glass.