My new soap cutter

CareBear

Ok, I'm looking at the 8 wire log cutter, and in the description it says this:

This will quickly slice 8 bars of soap 1 inch thick. The cutter accepts logs of up to 4 inches wide, 3 inches in height, and up to 18 inches long.

3" soap height seems awfully squatty IMO, and I know that most of mine are much bigger than that so I'm curious about this. ??

Ok, I'm looking at the 8 wire log cutter, and in the description it says this:.

3" soap height seems awfully squatty IMO, and I know that most of mine are much bigger than that so I'm curious about this. ??

Is your log of soap taller that 2-1/2 inches? Most bars of soap are @3-1/2" by 2" to 2-1/2" tall and this cutter handles that just fine. Since there are no width requirements you can make your log any width and any length. All you do is simply place the log into the cutting area which has a end stop and a side stop, make a cut, get 7 bars of soap, remove your cut bars, slide down the rest of your log to the end stop, then cut again. Most logs can be cut in 2 cycles, up to 16" log. You can cut a 16" log in under 1 minute. It is truely built like a tank as far as strength is concerned....:D

Paul....:smiley2:

Ordered my log cutter this morning and noticed he had a new 1# test batch mold.....which I have been looking for!!! So threw that in my cart also...can't wait to get that little beauty!! That will make me the proud owner of 4 of TOG's molds and now the cutter....LOL If you do large batches his triple log is awsome!!

I got one of Paul's new TOG soap cutters and it is AMAZING!!! It's a lot like my Tank but it's a LOT less expensive and not as effin heavy (I store my cutter on top of the cabinet) and takes up less space, and it's just as strong and lovely.

The finish is beautiful, and he custom-spaced the wires to 1.25" slices.

Thanks Paul!

Cool I like it.

Oh shoot, but they are all sold out. I really wanted one of the log cutters. I have been dying for a Tank, but just can't afford it. This looks wonderful. I hope he adds more to the Etsy site soon.

Ann M

He ran out yesterday too and I PM'd him on the board here and he added more.

Guys, can't keep up with the sales!:cool2: I've been working on orders and running back into the house to check on orders and reviews! Whew, but I relisted a few more and they are ready to go. After tonight at midnight, the price goes back up to the regular $79.00. Thanks so much guys!

I truely think they are as every bit as good as the "big guy" but a heck of a lot less!:D

Paul.... :)

The person that is going to make me a Misty Creek mold out of HDPE.

No slots. So I can pop the slab into one of the molds and chop away. No muss, no fuss. I do agree that wood molds seem to insulate better. But I am trying (operative word) to get a consistent bar size. So I sold all but one of my log molds and my FCS cutter. No lining for me, baby. :D

I've also designed a slab mold with dividers so if you prefer that, let me know. Devil Woman got my first one. Don't know if she's had a chance to use it or not yet. This second one is going to Texas Brat but I'll be sure to take pics before she picks it up. I'll be posting those pics soon along with pics of my new and improved log molds.