My new soap cutter

CareBear

I got one of Paul's new TOG soap cutters and it is AMAZING!!! It's a lot like my Tank but it's a LOT less expensive and not as effin heavy (I store my cutter on top of the cabinet) and takes up less space, and it's just as strong and lovely.

The finish is beautiful, and he custom-spaced the wires to 1.25" slices.

Thanks Paul!

That's it, but mine is even prettier than the one in the picture.

Thank you so much for posting this! I just ordered one, just now. I almost bought "the tank" from FCS a few days ago but changed my mind due to the price. OMG, cutting my CP castille log soaps is going to be a breeze :). I'm dancing happy, happy joy joy right now. Does he ship reasonably fast? I can't wait to get it.

CB, I am changing your s/n to Soap Whore. :tongue2: LMAO!

Now, on the TOG mold~ is that funky foam for a liner? I really need to stop opening these threads. I love the FCS cutters, but really need to decide if I want to go back to wood molds. Those HDPE slider molds from the Soap Hutch are sweet looking. But, I am still thinking Jeff from this board may be the way I go for my next mold, that I really don't need. :D

I'm not a soap ho (ok, I really am, but....) I'm more of a MOLD HO. TOG molds are the funky foam ones. I like 'em but some have difficulty. The nice thing about wooden molds is that they heat up nice so I get a good gel going without too much fuss (and the FF helps that).

Who is Jeff?

I always received things fast but he does make them by hand. You can contact him - Paul is great about getting back to you.

HEY CB, wasn't you that was in on the discussion about cutting with any kind of metal blade causes DOS?? Isn't this cutter made with a metal wire, even if it is stainless steel??

I have looked at this cutter a few times.....and went by it because of the metal wire.

Also, is it just one wire so you have to keep moving the log in to cut it?

I can't see from the picture, how it really means to work

no no, it was wire shelving that was an issue - the wire cutters are just fine!!!

For this cutter there are 8 strings so you cut up to 10 bars at at a time. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6945443. (he does have an different cutter that cuts slabs into logs and then one bar at a time, I think, but that's a totally different design).

I'm here guys! Been really busy in the TOG Shop! Thanks for the rave Carol! I'm sooo glad you love this one! I can't see why others charge so very much for their products! Amazing really! I want to produce a quality product, make a reasonable profit, and help as many of my soapmaking friends as I can. We are living in tough time financially, so I want to keep my prices as reasonable as possible, yet produce a high quality product that I will NOT RUSH through to complete! Thanks again friends!

Look at my site as I have added new items!

Paul.... togsoapmolds.etsy.com

I'm here guys! Been really busy in the TOG Shop! Thanks for the rave Carol! I'm sooo glad you love this one! I can't see why others charge so very much for their products! Amazing really! I want to produce a quality product, make a reasonable profit, and help as many of my soapmaking friends as I can. We are living in tough time financially, so I want to keep my prices as reasonable as possible, yet produce a high quality product that I will NOT RUSH through to complete! Thanks again friends!

Look at my site as I have added new items!

Paul.... togsoapmolds.etsy.com

Hi Paul, I ordered your soap cutter today. I'm so excited! You sound like a good guy :). Thanks for offering high quality products at affordable prices.

Who is Jeff?

The person that is going to make me a Misty Creek mold out of HDPE.

No slots. So I can pop the slab into one of the molds and chop away. No muss, no fuss. I do agree that wood molds seem to insulate better. But I am trying (operative word) to get a consistent bar size. So I sold all but one of my log molds and my FCS cutter. No lining for me, baby. :D

Paul, I have to tell you I was a bit nervous - I already have a Tank which I mortgaged my mom for (ok, it was actually a gift) and I wasn't sure how yours would stack up.

Let me repeat - it stacks up just fine!!!! It's strong and beautiful. I made a soap with a 40% lye solution 2 days ago and cut it tonight and the cutter just breezed through it. Beautiful precise slices. Couldn't ask for more.