How the .... is this done?

sed8ed

OH OH I have that picture in my file of things I want to make!There are pear shaped ones that I think I can do. I might not make them the way they do, but I think I figured a way to do it using my dip tank and a molded candle, ball or pillar. I think if I take the center candle (lets say cream color) dip in in another color and build up about a half inch of wax ontop of the center color, then cut some of the wax off thru the core candle like sharpening a crayon with a knife from about half way down the candle. I think whats left will be plenty warm and could be molded into what ever shape you want.. either by hand or pressing it into a metal or plastic mold. I might not be explaining it very well, but I think I can do it! LOL Bruce

Now im by no means any kind of candle expert (Yet) but I think this may be able to be acheived if you used 1 heavy wax and one light wax. if you poured the heavy and let it set up a little and pured the light sealed the mold turned it at about 45 degrees and spun it quick. kinda like that splatter paint on the record player but very fast. Tell me what you think

• 3 weeks later...

In a book I have called "The Candle Maker - How to make candles in your own kitchen" there is a similar design. They use modeling wax of varing colors, rolled into a sausage, thinly sliced, and then placed on the candle. The directions in the book are more advanced than I explained it :tongue2: but you get the idea.