Bad 6006 No answer yet

All 6006 is made in Texas, so all new pallets will probably be effected. Tested LS Strawberry Kiwi, LW VBN, IFT Apple Cider, WYW Mulled Cider. Candle accumulates black goop and then starts dying. Wicks we've had for 6 months, dye is BC & LS and we've used them forever. If anyone has seen this, pls pm me. Lone Star is contacting IGI for me. Thks for all your help. Carole

post-1266-13945843285_thumb.jpg

post-1266-139458432852_thumb.jpg

Carole ~ I feel your pain . . . :awww:

Hopefully you will hear something soon from Lonestar/IGI. I got a bad box of 464 in the spring that did the same thing as your 6006 when burning. It wasn't the wicks or color, it was the wax. I was blending my own parasoy then and have since switched to a pre-blended parasoy thinking it would eliminate the quirkly soy problem. Guess all wax with some soy can have issues. I just got a new batch # of my wax blend yesterday, guess I better pour up a couple testers to make sure this batch will behave properly. I don't want a repeat disaster with fall fast approaching.

I am sorry you are having to deal with is - but am glad you posted cause it reminded me that I had told myself to always test new batches - even with parasoys. I had forgotten until I read this post.

All 6006 is made in Texas, so all new pallets will probably be effected. Tested LS Strawberry Kiwi, LW VBN, IFT Apple Cider, WYW Mulled Cider. Candle accumulates black goop and then starts dying. Wicks we've had for 6 months, dye is BC & LS and we've used them forever. If anyone has seen this, pls pm me. Lone Star is contacting IGI for me. Thks for all your help. Carole

Just wondering if you had to 'eat' your bad wax, or if the supplier is making it good. I'm having issues with my soy not burning the way it used to & have 4 cases of it!! Supplier says no one else had a problem with it, so I guess it is just me, lol.

PamR

I have seen that. I use 6006. I noticed one that I had burning last week, barely burning. I was surprised. I just thought it was something I did wrong. I see the wicks burning and making a black little puddle sometimes. But they still burn. I haven't had any complaints yet. It seems like the waxes are always changing on us. It is hard to have a good rep. if they keep messing it up. Wix and Wax just went up to 80.00 a case of 6006. I changed suppliers. That is rediculous. 11.00 higher than the guy down the street. And 15.00 higher than Houston. Beats me why?Hope they get this worked out. I make alot of candles.

So far it's Batch #700375 & up. I've tested 2 batches above this # and both have black goop. Batch #700502 forms the black slick after 2 hr burn (I'm testing it now.)

Batches below #700375 may also be bad; I don't know exactly when it started. Carole

I have used this wax since Sept 2003. We had to go to it for 6 oz tins because we had been using 223 & 223 formed a rust-ring in the tin when sweet/Vanilla scents were used. It was a chemical reaction with the tin/fo. Every other wax I have tried has had this reaction except for a few soys. We pour over 10,000 tins/yr. I know this wax backward & forward. The only difference you can see in this bad stuff is when you are melting it there are bubbles (almost like soap) as it melts. If you have already made candles with it, you won't know it until it's burned at least 3 hrs or on 2nd burn. It was "pure luck/or maybe God's Grace" that I found it. I always test every new batch of wax we get in. Carole

The BCN & BCS CDs & Performas we have had for a year or more. The 44-32s we bought from BCN last year. The 44-28s we bought from AAA Candle Supplies about 6 mos ago. I can say with 99% certainty that it is the wax. I have had a call from one of my good suppliers and they have some older batch #s which should get us thru this season. I believe IGI is going to have to step up & fix their formula or at least their QC procedures. Carole

I would think if it is a particular lot than the supplier would recall it if alot of customers like you were complaining that the wax is not performing well. So hopefully others that have bought this wax if having the same problems will let the supplier know that there is a problem to get this resolved.

We'll see if IGI does anything. Four people have contacted me with same results. I'm still afraid some people are just making and selling the candles & don't know about the problem yet. I was getting pretty trusting with IGI, but this sure grabbed my attention. Carole

We'll see if IGI does anything. Four people have contacted me with same results. I'm still afraid some people are just making and selling the candles & don't know about the problem yet. I was getting pretty trusting with IGI, but this sure grabbed my attention. Carole

This is why it is important to test each batch - not saying that for you, but those that may be selling bad candles.

I hope this gets resolved for you.

So far it's Batch #700375 & up. I've tested 2 batches above this # and both have black goop. Batch #700502 forms the black slick after 2 hr burn (I'm testing it now.)

Batches below #700375 may also be bad; I don't know exactly when it started. Carole

Thanks for being so forthcoming with the batch numbers. The batch number I have is 700251, and it is fine. For all of those who use the 6006, may be we should list our batch numbers and see of we can narrow the "bad" batch numbers down. May be someone has a batch number higher than what Carole is using and it is a "good" batch. This might could help IGI narrow down their problem as well. Just a suggestion! Thanks again!

Glad you mentioned on another thread to look under the label bugtussle--the lot sticker for my new case was actually under some packing tape. Bought from CS--the lot # was also 700251. I'll go ahead and start testing tonight even though it's been determined to be good (whew!!).

Not only is the busy season around the corner, it's my 'first' season lol!

Does IGI not test their candle waxes out before making them available for purchase? This has been a good learning experience--I will definitely always test out a new case every time I order one!