Anyone using C1

It would be more helpful to know what difficulties you are having with C1, one of NatureWax's earlier container wax formulations, before we start trying to guess and make recommendations! What container are you using, what wick, what FO, what colorant, what temp are you pouring, etc.

Since C3 came out several years ago, most suppliers do not carry C1 any longer. I don't think there is even an instruction sheet for it on the NatureWax website any longer... You might wish to email the rep from their site for specific information.

I personally liked it better than C3, but I've worked through the issues with C3 since the other is not available at any of the suppliers I buy from. I think it was just the changing and testing all over again that really bugged me as I was fairly new when C3 came out.

Cajun Candles carries C1, but I was not aware that it was a soy-palm wax blend... my understanding was that it was an earlier container soy formula... Perhaps one of us should email NatureWax and get the low-down from the horse's mouth about it...;) If it IS a soy & palm blend, I can see why some folks might like it better than C3, which is allegedly 100% soy wax (with added "botanical oils" - whatever that means...:rolleyes2 ).:)

Ok, I was just on the Gen Wax site and they now have a NEW BLENDED SOY WAX...from Cargill...labeled C1. I was just in the dang store 2 weeks ago and they didn't have it! I'm tempted to make a trip this week to try it out....wondering if Cargill did it because of all the complaints when C3 first came out? Darn them...just when you think you MIGHT be done testing! Oh and it is 20% palm wax.

As far as I'm concerned they can ditch both the C 1 & C 3 and bring back the C 2. That was the best soy wax I ever used. I don't care what FO I used in that wax it had a kick butt hot & cold throw, and the wicking was so easy. I know there's a few other's on here that would agree with me on this. I don't know what Cargill was thinking when they stop making the C 2.

Cindy/WI

I maybe should've have been more specific. I am not using C1, I am just wondering if anyone is, and would recommend it. I wasn't aware this was an old product, all I know is its the soy/palm blend? Can anyone recommend it?

Hi Sweetscents,

Now, I am confused. earlyamerican candles and cajun refer to the C1 as "SOY". gen wax has a C1 that they consider "NEW as 80% soy 20% palm. EA refers to their C1 as Naturewax. I would assume the other 2 from cajun and gen wax are Naturewax products as well, since they carry the C1 name.

Anyone have a clue???:confused:

NatureWax (a division of Cargill) makes C1, so that answers that question. As to what suppliers write in their product descriptions, you'd have to ask them... Perhaps the "New" in GenWax's description means it is a NEW product to them... If indeed C1 is 80% soy, some suppliers may refer to it as a soy wax. Much has been written here about how products are classified and how they should be classified... doesn't matter - NatureWax C1 is the same product no matter who carries it!

The best place to learn the facts about a product is from the manufacturer. NatureWax has a website and contact information here: http://www.naturewax.com/

I think I'm going to contact Cargill, because Gen Wax's home page shows this as NEW soy wax and I honestly don't think that C1 had palm in it before, but I could be wrong... and I totally agree with you Cindy...see I was wrong...it was C2 that I loved!!

Both C2 and C1 were released before I started making candles, so I started with C3... If anyone can find a product sheet on those from NatureWax, I'd love to have a copy or the url to it... might be fun to try them...:tongue2:

I was going to see if those product sheets had been added to their technical information, but could not get the form to go through that allows you access to their info - VERY frustrating! I hope they will make it easier to download product information in the future... :undecided

Ok, here's something to really get you going...Cargill's site has this posted on it:

Branded packaging

Candles made from 80% or more NatureWax premium natural wax qualify to use the NatureWax brand mark on consumer packaging.

Soooo, Naturewax can be different from supplier to supplier! Not that everyone out there would be blending it, but some may.

Branded packaging

Candles made from 80% or more NatureWax premium natural wax qualify to use the NatureWax brand mark on consumer packaging.

KK, I think you are misunderstanding that statement. I believe it means that if I want to use the NatureWax trademark on my CANDLE PACKAGING, the CANDLES must be made from at least 80% NatureWax. "Consumer packaging" refers to the packaging for candles when they are sold, not the packaging of the wax to candle manufacturers. We are not consumers of NatureWax - our buyers are. We are candle manufacturers. Our suppliers are NatureWax's distributors.

The NatureWax we buy from our suppliers (their distributors) is 100% NatureWax, especially when it comes in the case packaging straight from their factory, which our suppliers purchase by the pallet from NatureWax/Cargill. :)

In short, it means that if I use 80% NatureWax in my candles, I can stick a label on them that says "Made with NatureWax®" so the informed consumer will know that I am using Cargill's wonderful product in the candles I am selling.

Hopefully that's what it means! I couldn't get there online info request form to work so I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow. I'd call GW directly, but every time I call there I get someone who doesn't know anything and I use up those precious cell minutes!! I'll probably end up driving there at the end of this week to pick up wax and I'll see if someone knows something??

Does anyone know of an email addy for Naturewax. Their site gives a contact to have a sales rep call you. I just want a ? answered. Not looking to wholesale the stuff.

I couldn't find one on the site, I tried filling out that sales rep contact form 3 times and it doesn't do anything. I'm going to call the 800 # tomorrow to try to get some answers.

I couldn't find one on the site, I tried filling out that sales rep contact form 3 times and it doesn't do anything. I'm going to call the 800 # tomorrow to try to get some answers.

Please either post or shoot me an email. Things are hectic for me this week, so you will probably talk to them before I will. I just want to find out if the C1 has palm or is all soy.

Please either post or shoot me an email. Things are hectic for me this week, so you will probably talk to them before I will. I just want to find out if the C1 has palm or is all soy.

Oh, it's 80% soy and 20% palm...that's what the GW site says anyway...I'm still going to call because I want to know if it's a new formulation.

Katesmom & KK - I got aggravated that their contact thing wasn't working (apparently they want you to "register' with them before they will allow you to the place where you can download the product info pdf files :rolleyes2 I agree - it's a PITA especially when I have already supplied the info and simply wanted to see if there were more than the ones I had downloaded previously), Soooooo.... I went to the Cargill main site and bitched about the page not working and that they really should have a better site for their product! They gave me an email address for questions, which I have PMed to y'all. HTH:D

Thanks for the addy, Stella. I received an email from John at EA candle supply.He stated that he was unaware that the Cargill C1 contained 20% palm.

Guess I will try to email Cargill.Thanks again,Stella. Your an angel.

If you hear back before I do, please post what they said. I tried calling and then sent an email...no response yet.

Ok, here is the reply from Cargill...I think Stella is right and it's just NEW to Gen Wax...but definitely worth trying!

Thank you for your interest in Cargill's Nature Wax C-1. I don't know if General Wax has done anything to the Nature Wax C-1 formula, but our Cargill Nature Wax C-1 has not been reformulated and is the same version as previous versions. Also per request, the Cargill Nature Wax C-1 is 85% soy and 15 % palm blend. Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Ross Christensen

Cargill Inc., Acct. Manager

Ph.# (770)531-4776

Fax # (770)532-4922