Supplier rave...Early American Candle!!

I just wanted to publicly praise Early American Candle for their lightning fast shipping and customer service! They have a huge selection of glassware, so I ordered a few pieces for testing. Not only did they email me answers to my questions immediately, but they got my order (which was placed Tuesday at 5 pm) to me TODAY!! They even read my notes asking about wick samples and included some for me.

I am so impressed, as this was my very first experience with this supplier, and I wanted to share!

If you get a chance to go to their supply store and outlet do so - its like a candy store for candle makers. They sell all the french color stuff and it seems every piece of glassware that libbey makes. They don't sell the waxes I use (Candlewic.com), but yes, the staff are very nice and helpful. BTW, candlewic should get your stuff to you the next day from where you are.

If you get a chance to go to their supply store and outlet do so - its like a candy store for candle makers. They sell all the french color stuff and it seems every piece of glassware that libbey makes. They don't sell the waxes I use (Candlewic.com), but yes, the staff are very nice and helpful. BTW, candlewic should get your stuff to you the next day from where you are.

Henry,

I am fortunate enough to live 15 minutes from Candlewic, so I can pick up!! Unfortunately, I don't think they have a great selection of glassware, and what they have I find rather expensive. I do get other supplies from them though, and they have always been very helpful (especially with wicking and wick samples!)

Lucky you!

Yes, they have sent me samples of wicks and wax before, and when they screw something up (very rarely), they have sent out the item and not asked for the other to be returned!

Like anywhere, some things are expensive and some not - but I take into account tax, how fast you need it, personal service, being able to actually SMELL the FOs before you buy them and especially shipping on glassware - a big cost addition. The other thing on glassware - you can buy by the piece or two at EA and test. I will NEVER buy glassware again from suppliers who only sell by the case - some glassware looks good but makes terribly-burning candles no matter how you wick (JMO).

Regarding EA FOs - I read somewhere that French Color was one major scent manufacturers that suppliers can purchase from and then rebrand as there own. So we may be using some and don't even know it. IMO some of them I like, some I don't, some are strong, some aren't, and I feel that way about every supplier I've tried.

Only thing that bugs me about candlewic is that a lot of their sales are on BOXES of wax, or POUNDS or scent, or CASES of BW Sheets, etc. But thats good for you guys and they do sell to the big boys so I understand. The absolute worse is buying something and then a week later seeing it go on sale or the ultimate - forgetting to use the darn code in the first place on your order that you just got!

I live close enough to have visited Early American...The first time I went, I was overwhelmed with all the candle stuff at my fingertips! I left with 1 mold and some wick samples...the next time I went back, I had prepared a list of exactly what I wanted. While the warehouse guy retrieved my listed items, I wandered around and drooled all over the things I wanted on the next trip!

Has anyone ordered any FO's form this place?

They were my first supplier and I still use them to this day (among others!)... over 5 years later! They have always had excellent customer service and have answered any questions I had.

They even left me a message one day stating they were updating their records and for me to call and verify and they were having a sale for those that did!!

HTH