Wicks For Ecosoya 4" Jar

I'm having trouble wicking a 4" apothecary jar. I've tried CD20-CD22. CD20 doubled did a good job with pool and depth and scent throw but still did not go to sides. I've tried paper 60-40-18 and above. I want a single wick in this and I'm using Ecosoya Advanced. Love this wax but not getting a good pool to the sides. Any suggestions would help. If I can't get a single to work, then I know I'll have to go to double wick. I just feel like it ruins the look of the jar so to speak. Thanks for the suggestions.

When I was using 4" apothecary jars for my soy candles I always double wicked. I get a full melt pool and great scent throw. I ended up using 2 44z wicks. Believe me I tested lots of wicks and the zincs just throw better. The tradeoff is zincs tend to mushroom. Not a problem for me as I just trim the wicks before burning.

BTW I was using Ecosoya CB135. I found I got a far better hot throw than the CBA.

• 1 month later...

How long did you allow the candle to burn and did you burn it all the way down? It is NOT unusual to not achieve a full melt pool on the first burn (4 hours), but the candle should "catch up" on subsequent burns.

I do not use EcoSoya nor do I use apothecary jars, but the CDN (Stabilo KST) wicks we use have been very reliable for us. They are the same as the CDs except they have been treated to resist acids in natural waxes. HTH:)