fragrance flashpoints

This may be a really stupid question, but how high should the flashpoints of scents be? I just got some new fragrances from the Scented Bean, which all are awesome smelling, but the labels on the heavenly cinnabun say its flashpoint is 114 degrees F. Is this too low for a candle? TIA

:smiley2:

OK, well I guess that I didn't search well enough the first time and I found a thread that explains the flashpoint a little better. Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

i tried a candle a couple weeks ago trying just scents 50/50 blend and the flashpoint was 120 and the whole candle started on fire. js explained to me that my wicks were burning to hot and when they did there testing they never tested cd wicks. this is the 1st time this has happened to me and i have probably have made about 20000 candles before.

i tried a candle a couple weeks ago trying just scents 50/50 blend and the flashpoint was 120 and the whole candle started on fire. js explained to me that my wicks were burning to hot and when they did there testing they never tested cd wicks. this is the 1st time this has happened to me and i have probably have made about 20000 candles before.

Almost sounds like too much FO in the candle. Too much FO will seep and can cause the candle to catch on fire on the top as well. Never heard of a wick being too hot and catching the candle on fire. Not saying that it wouldn't, just don't understand how it could.