Pumpkin Custard Spice

8-GRAN-ONES

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, maybe it is just me but I think oatmeal cinn crunch smells just like BNL's Cookie Jar. I think I have a bit left in an old bottle downstairs so I will have to go check, but it was all I could think of when I just poured it!!

Anyone else smell this oil yet?

I poured a few testers last night and wow the cold throw on the Pumpkin Custard is really strong this morning! I also poured Fall Harvest and the Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Clove. They all have good cold thow...but the Pumpkin will knock your socks off! I bought 10 of the 4oz from her. The Chamomile smells very very nice OOB...can't wait to try that one in soap.

Another one from Bert..that is a WOW is the Redwood & Cedar..I used it in Candles and I just love it..I would love to have a bar of soap in this scent for my husbands shower..(I think I would even like it for myself..)If any of you soapmakers need a great smell for your soap, I think this would be great..

When I start making candles this will be one I will try first..

Another one that I really like in My candles is Fig & Melon..To me this has a lovely smell..I also think I would like this one in soap too.

I also like her:

Black Raspbery Vanilla

Choc. Raspberry Drizzle

Passionate Kisses

Creme Brulee

Anyone using GB464 and these oils?? I really would like to try them, but I only have one shot at getting my Fall and christmas scents (due to tight budget right now:angry2: ) and I dont want to screw up and have oils I cannot use.

tootie

tootie ... I'm not trying to take anything away from Bert, but many of us are just in the testing phase with her oils. I, personally, would stick with suppliers like Peaks, Millcreek, KY, CandleScience (I'm sure there's others too) ... that are very well-known on this board and come highly recommended by others that use GB464 ... but, that's just my opinion.

tootie ... I'm not trying to take anything away from Bert, but many of us are just in the testing phase with her oils. I, personally, would stick with suppliers ... highly recommended by others that use GB464 ...
Ditto, especially if on a tight budget! A bad investment not only wastes your money but puts you behind in production. It could put a big damper the whole season.

Ditto, especially if on a tight budget! A bad investment not only wastes your money but puts you behind in production. It could put a big damper the whole season.

I agree absolutely...do you have any tried and true scents that sold well for you last yr? I only add a few ea. yr. and mainly stick to tarts when I crave something new!!! (which is only every DAY!!!) But, I always have my favs that I KNOW like my wax/wick combo!

Thanks to you all, I am placing my first order with Bert. This is what I am going to start off with:

4 ozers:

Pumpkin Custard Spice

Lemon Biscotti Pie

Redwood & Cedar

Almond

Old Fashioned Sugar Cookie

1 ozers:

Vanilla Latte

Oatmeal Cinnamon Crunch Bar

Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Clove

Fall Festival

Holiday Spice

Fig & Melon

Creme Brulee

You guys were right. She is super sweet to deal with. Can't wait to test these out! :smiley2:

I ordered the pumpkin Custard Spice. Hope it is the one I have been looking for. I just can't find a good pumpkin spice type. I love the pumpkin crunch cake from NG but was wanting something a little spicer. Those looking for a sweet cinnamon pumpkin, have you tried the one from candlesandsupplies? I use it and I like it. hth

And she's added 3 new ones, Candy Cane, Evergreen & Clove. AND more coming during the month!

Is anyone planning on starting a separate FO review thread about these oils? Ordered mine late - won't get to play til after the Holiday :angry2: !

That's a great idea! I can start one, I'd like to hear how everyone else is doing with what they got! I already posted my review of what I poured in this thread!

I am expecting my new oils to arrive today, and can start a new review thread in a few days...OR anyone whose poured and burned a few can share first!!! :D

Hey Sharon ... I'm having a hard time with my wicks. :angry2: I usually get them from TCS ... but this time, I bought them from someone on ebay ... and boy, am I having a terrible time with them.

It's the same problem I had wicking the fo's from Candle Science (slow melt pool, no scent throw, wicks not hot enough), only then, I didn't realize it was the wicks, I thought it was the fo's. :undecided

I just might have to place an order with TCS, before I can get it right. :sad2:

Hey Sharon ... I'm having a hard time with my wicks. :angry2: I usually get them from TCS ... but this time, I bought them from someone on ebay ... and boy, am I having a terrible time with them.

It's the same problem I had wicking the fo's from Candle Science (slow melt pool, no scent throw, wicks not hot enough), only then, I didn't realize it was the wicks, I thought it was the fo's. :undecided

I just might have to place an order with TCS, before I can get it right. :sad2:

They have a sale going on.