New company??

I think we would all argue about style, product type, fo's, technique... well just about everything possible!

That's the beauty of us little guys, we're all different :grin2:.

I agree we would spend all of our time arguing and never get anything done.

Thanks for the responses...it was just a fun post and I had thought of all that before I posted,but bigger things than this idea have come about when like minded people decided that an idea was viable and doable and then took the necessary action to make it happen. I realize that not everyone here would want to do that and that is ok....but there is lots of talent here. Could it happen? Absolutely! Is it something to consider? Why not? :meditate:

Mike

For me the reason I started my candle business was because I wanted to be my own boss while doing something I enjoy making. I know I am not the only one and thats why I don't think this would work.. too many chefs so to speak.:laugh2: :laugh2:

But it sure is an interesting idea.

Thanks for the positive note Lady. I certainly understand the concerns,hopes and dreams of all entrapraneurs....me included. I'm certainly not suggesting that all members do this....it is just an idea. I have never doubted that this idea would be in the minority of opinions...but that's ok too. But just think for a minute....larger company usually means better buying power,better buying power usually means you can pass some savings on to your customers and customers really like a good value for what they are buying. Increased market share generally goes with a bigger company and you spread the financial risk around so that more people can afford to partake in the business. But,like I said....it's only an idea and it's not for everyone to get involved in. There is certainly going to be some differnces of opinion and conflict....but that's not all bad either as ideas come out and get discussed and eventually bad ideas get weeded out and the better ideas will pass muster.....Hope your day is a good one Lady I kind of like the name you suggested too....smiles :thumbsup:

Mike

:tiptoe:

Something that looks good on paper, sound good in theory, but I don't think it would work in real life. Entirely too many issues - SOMEONE would have to be in charge; MONEY would have to be invested in startup costs; How to determine WHO could join.

I could see it working as a sales venue - virtual mall ... but then there are those who can drive to pick up materials ... and possibly undercut someone elses prices ... and then it hits the fan.

The large volume pourers already can purchase in bulk! And, looking at the co-ops, the shipping to the host and then repackaging and shipping to the pourer negates any perceived savings.

My opinion - Sounds good - Won't work well. Sorry, Mike :sad2:

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ring of Fire. Like I said before it's just an idea and only an idea. My dad was in sales for over 40 years and he used to always tell us that those that think they can,can and those that think they can't are probably right. It's six of one and half a dozen of another really at this point. I don't feel bad for being told it won't work. Nobody knows for sure because it hasn't been accomplished yet. Nobody is really an upscale snob. They are,I am sure,just expressing their honest opinon. But Judy is correct....you need to find someone to run things and you need to get the folks to invest their hard earned money and that is tough to let go of sometimes. Certainly there would obstacles to overcome in doing something like this,but obstacles aren't permanent barriers and are meant to be overcome if confronted properly. I would guess that large companies started off with similar fears and concerns and learned to overcome those in order to grow their business to a large size and probably deal with issues every day that could threaten their business.

Mike

I only wish I could find a couple of people willing to put the time and effort and money into helping with my business. Everryone wants to help but no one wants to invest in the things that really make a business go. Being a one person show and the growth I have experienced this year alone is scary .

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ring of Fire. Like I said before it's just an idea and only an idea. My dad was in sales for over 40 years and he used to always tell us that those that think they can,can and those that think they can't are probably right. It's six of one and half a dozen of another really at this point. I don't feel bad for being told it won't work. Nobody knows for sure because it hasn't been accomplished yet. Nobody is really an upscale snob. They are,I am sure,just expressing their honest opinon. But Judy is correct....you need to find someone to run things and you need to get the folks to invest their hard earned money and that is tough to let go of sometimes. Certainly there would obstacles to overcome in doing something like this,but obstacles aren't permanent barriers and are meant to be overcome if confronted properly. I would guess that large companies started off with similar fears and concerns and learned to overcome those in order to grow their business to a large size and probably deal with issues every day that could threaten their business.

Mike

LittleBrownbug - If there is a will............there is a way! With God, ALL things are possible!:highfive:

This seems like an interesting idea since the products here are so varied there would be room for many. To get the max benefit from it you would want to do bulk purchasing for raw materials, molds, advertising, literature, labels, packaging, etc... If people can compromise it could work at least for small companies. The primary difficulties I envision are that materials purchased in bulk would have to be re-shipped compromising savings, and of course getting people to agree... But perhaps a small group with room to grow rather than a large one.

I don't make candles and think it would be fun to partner with candlemakers to complement my soaps.