ONLY Wickless?

I have noticed lately that my tarts are selling way better than my wicked. I still have a few people who want candles, but not many. I think in the summer most people are in and out alot and don't want to have to worry about forgetting to blow out their candle.

Many people I sell tarts to say they leave their tart burners and warmers on all the time, even at night and when they are gone. Of course, I always tell them that this is not recommended, but that's all I can do is to tell them. I can't sit at their house with them and make sure they turn it off everytime they are going to be away from it. Personally I would be terrified to leave something like that on when I'm gone, I don't even like to leave a fan or anything like that on. I guess I'm just a fanatic.LOL

Depends on your area. Here the wickless have not been very popular. When I had some scents only available in wickless people always requested them in a regular container candle. Clamshells are also something that they didn't like. They wanted the individual tarts like Yan---sells. Tons of people have really good success with the! I happen to like the clamshells and the wickless but they didn't sell. So it just depends on your market.

It does depend on area. I sell more wickless in AZ than I do in CA. I don't know if it's the heat in AZ and not wanting a flame? Can't really figure it out. Wickless are definitely alot easier to make...very little testing. I think I've only found one fo that didn't throw at all on a wickless and that was coconut. If you sell the warmers also, you'll even increase your sales. I personally love the scent throw on the warmers.

No, wish I could find a place that TRULY wholesales these. I've been buying just the standard white plastic ones at either Wal Mart or Michaels for $3.50-$5.00. I sell a warmer and a 4 oz tin for $16.00, not always a big profit, but I find I sell more wickless by having the warmers on hand. Usually they will buy the set and then 2-4 extra tins.

I have had some emails from my website asking if I would make some wickless candles for them as they have explained they are older and do not like to burn candles. My MIL and Future SIL also use the warmers and I make them wickless candles too so I have decided to add this option to my website,,,

So far I have not had anyone ask me if I sell the warmers because as someone here stated you can get them from wal-mart. Our Wal-mart sells them for 4.96 all the time. Dollar General has started carrying some but Im not to sure if I trust those to much and would have to buy one to test it out....anyway just my 2 cents,,:D

I don't think I would put the plain old warmers on my website. I don't offer any warmers right now on the web. When your doing a fair or show however, I find that customers like the convenience of getting it all right there. If they can save a trip and your not charging much more for them, they'll buy them. That was the reason I started carrying them, people would say..."gee, I'd buy the wickless but I don't want to have to go to Michael's or WalMart to get the warmer" or "Where are the warmers to put them on?" So, I do it for a convenience for them and like I said before...if they like the idea, they buy more than 1 candle!

Not to get too far off topic here, but when you all buy the warmers from Wal-Mart, etc. Do you set up as tax exempt? Or do you just eat the price of the tax/charge it on to your customer rather than explain to Wal-Mart that you are going to be re-selling their item?

No, wish I could find a place that TRULY wholesales these. I've been buying just the standard white plastic ones at either Wal Mart or Michaels for $3.50-$5.00. I sell a warmer and a 4 oz tin for $16.00, not always a big profit, but I find I sell more wickless by having the warmers on hand. Usually they will buy the set and then 2-4 extra tins.

If you're looking for plain here is a link directly to the company that makes them in China.

http://www.alibaba.com/manufacturer/15605483/Wax_Candle_Warmer.html