I finally had my first candle party!!

Jeana

It was very exciting. One of my friends opened her home to me. I sold a little over $200. I'm bummed I didn't get any more bookings though. Just about all of my sales were from the stock I brought with me. Now I am hooked and I want more!!!

I have an arts and craft guild that is evaluating my work to see if they will allow me in their events. I gave them a catalog to see my products. They want to make sure you make everything yourself. One of the women said their panel was concerned, she said these look too good are you sure she makes them herself? I thought that was funny. The interviewer proceeded to ask me the proceedures of how I put everything together to make sure I do make it all. I'm hoping all this will get going. :smiley2:

One of the women said their panel was concerned, she said these look too good are you sure she makes them herself?
That's funny! Was she expecting some shabby looking thing because it's homemade?

Congrats on doing well at your candle party! Perhaps you'll get a call a little down the road for another one. They may not have had their schedules with them to know when it is a suitable time for them to make a booking.

It was very exciting. One of my friends opened her home to me. I sold a little over $200. I'm bummed I didn't get any more bookings though. Just about all of my sales were from the stock I brought with me. Now I am hooked and I want more!!!
It is very addicting! You never know people may call you out of the blue and book! Or have an open house at your house and invite family and friends!
I have an arts and craft guild that is evaluating my work to see if they will allow me in their events. I gave them a catalog to see my products. They want to make sure you make everything yourself. One of the women said their panel was concerned, she said these look too good are you sure she makes them herself? I thought that was funny. The interviewer proceeded to ask me the proceedures of how I put everything together to make sure I do make it all. I'm hoping all this will get going. :smiley2:
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Congrats on the party, like someone else mentioned you may get some bookings later on. Did you get any mailing addresses or phone numbers of the guests? It may be helpful (a little reminder) to send out something about how great it is to have their own party, emphasizing the "free" stuff they can earn. ;)

OMG that's too funny about them questioning whether you really make your candles!! :D I'd love to see some pics. I guess they think that homemade equals shabby or what? :rolleyes2

Got my fingers crossed that they believe you and let you in. ;)

Thanks for all the encouraging words and crossed fingers everyone :cheesy2: . Now I am brave enough to put a notice up on the work bulletin board.

I brought my camera to the party but I was too nervous to take any pictures. I regret this now. We didn't get to play the games I planned on either, they just wanted to talk.

I think the skepticism from the guild was due to the fact that I have so many different things I make - like most of you do to. You know the body stuff, aromatherapy wraps, soaps, candles, bath oil, salts, lip balms.... I think most of them just make one item like quilts.

Thanks,

Jeana:D