How are you notified........

Wick'n'Wax

OsCommerce usually requires you to set up a feature that requests the system to email a copy of the order to you. My cart is OsCommerce based, and I had to request that. But my PayPal notification usually comes through first anyway!

Congratulations on your first sale!!!

Hey wick n wax thats great to have a sale so quickly!! Are you advertising your site or did someone just find it? Guess the waits paid off then!!

Congratulations on your first sale of many

Chauntelle x

P.s Let me know your site id love to see if u dont mind!

:yay: :yay: :highfive: :yay: :yay:

thanks guys :)

well its only advertised word of mouth at the moment, but its the Charity Candle I'm doing, a lady that supports them has bought one.

mmmm may look into setting up osc, but if the paypal notification is going to come thru anyway, wonder if I need to.

I will accept cheques/postal orders too and have said they need to email me for my details if they wish to pay that way.

Only problem was, in the reference on paypal, it just said my website name and not what she had bought.

mmmmm

need to pluck up the courage to put my site on here lol, seen a lot of negativity sometimes and its scary lol

Your friends will be supportive and give you helpfull feedback even if slightly negative (in a good way) people that just purly bitch about others and there work are either just jealous or have a big chip on their shoulder and should find them something better to do!!:laugh2:

thanks guys :)

well its only advertised word of mouth at the moment' date=' but its the Charity Candle I'm doing, a lady that supports them has bought one.

mmmm may look into setting up osc, but if the paypal notification is going to come thru anyway, wonder if I need to.

I will accept cheques/postal orders too and have said they need to email me for my details if they wish to pay that way.

Only problem was, in the reference on paypal, it just said my website name and not what she had bought.

mmmmm

need to pluck up the courage to put my site on here lol, seen a lot of negativity sometimes and its scary lol[/quote']

Oscommerce has a rather neat trick of sending you notifications of a payment received, but never actually telling you what the customr purchased so you have to send them an email to ask - which is highly unprofessional. Even if your website is working - it'll one day just stop working and do that.

I know this cos I used to use OScommerce, but found it so flaky and unreliable I gave up.

Good luck and post your site. We have all helped you right from the start so we would all like to see where you are now - you can't leave us in suspense.

Nat

I use Mals and Paypal, so I get double notification. One is an email from the shopping cart about the order, and the other e-mail is the payment notification from PP. Works great.

Congrats on your first website sale! :yay: May it be the first of many to come! :highfive:

I've just opened my website today. Just had my first sale and the first I knew was a paypal notification of payment.

Yea!! :whoohoo:

Well done! How quick a sale was that.

Many congrats. They say the first sale is the hardest. Should be plain sailing from now on (fingers crossed)

Ruby