My OldWillKnott scale died

My oldwillknott scale kicked the bucket after only 3 months and I am supposed to be making candles for a party on friday and a show next saturday.

the display wont even come on and its plugged in and everything

anyone else ever had trouble with their scale they got off ebay from oldwillknott? I sent him a message yesterday but no response..

I got my scale from him too. The plug in never did work so I just always used a battery. I am not so sure that this scale is really accurate either. I will be pouring something in a bowl and it will say one weight then I stop pouring and it changes so I am never to sure what the correct weight is:rolleyes2 Guess I should have just bit the bullet and spent the money on a good scale instead of trying to get a "deal" on Ebay.

I got my scale from him too. The plug in never did work so I just always used a battery. I am not so sure that this scale is really accurate either. I will be pouring something in a bowl and it will say one weight then I stop pouring and it changes so I am never to sure what the correct weight is:rolleyes2 Guess I should have just bit the bullet and spent the money on a good scale instead of trying to get a "deal" on Ebay.

HEAT!! Some scales circuits are closer to the top and touchy to heat, they will do exactly what you're saying. Try putting a paper plate (I use the Chinet type since they are thicker) on your scale then your container, and pour. Bet you won't have any problems.

I have 2 from him (bought an extra one as a back up) have been using the original one for 3 years now, and it's still going strong. I haven't even opened the other one yet. :)

I would go to his reg site that Robin posted and call.. His customer service was top-notch when I bought mine, but that was a long time ago..

I am not so sure that this scale is really accurate either. I will be pouring something in a bowl and it will say one weight then I stop pouring and it changes so I am never to sure what the correct weight is

You must have the same model as me ;) Mine has always done that too. For some dumb reason, I thought it was normal. Definately aggrivating. I discovered taring doesn't work either because it does the same thing. I can tare with my pyrex measuring cup on it, pour a certain amout of oil into it. Then when I pour the oil out into the main bowl, leaving just the measuring cup, I get a negative number... grrrr. Though in my case, it has nothing to do with heat, since most of what I weigh is not hot. I did see in the instructions to let it sit a couple seconds after turning it on to let the electonics warm up before weighing... that doesn't help either :mad: