Milk bath smoothies

I didn't feel like making soap today but I wanted to do something and my order for citric acid has not come in yet... so I thought, what can I make. So I decided to make these and have called them milkbath smoothies and :yay: I love these!!!! Same principle as milkbath but I put some sea salt in them, powdered milk, baking soda, cornstarch, grapeseed oil, coloring (very pale pink) and FO and embedded rose buds. Now i have to go back and write down amounts, lol, I was just flying by the seat of my pants making these today. I think they would be absolutely AWESOME done in lavender with lavender buds and I am sure you could do them in a eucalyptus/spearming and add some dry spearming leaves (crushed) and.... :yay:

milkbath_soothies-1.jpg

:yay: :yay: brought some to work with me and they held up very very well. No breakage. I have one of my co-workers who will test them for me. I tried last night as I said and absolutely LOVED these. The only difference is I wouldn't put as much grapeseed oil as I did, mind you I used two of these, lol, at the same time. Oh I can see these done with lavender, they would be AWESOME! I have going to re-create the recipe and get amounts for everyone.

They are the medium size muffin papers. The molds I used I got for our $ store here, 3 for 1$ and they work beautifully because they are just the right size to embed the roses on top and in the middle of the soothies. They just look like a large thimble or a small flower pot shape better describes them. They were in the "kitchen" area and made of metal so everything slides out perfect without fighting them.

My son is getting married next year and I thought since Holly has chosen burgundy and cream as her colors that I am going to make these as "favors" and I am going to combine them with a small container candle (soy) in burgundy color and scented the same as the soothies.

These could be made in regular bath bomb molds but since I didn't have any I had to improvise. I think they would look nice also in the heart shaped molds especially around valentines day!

They are the medium size muffin papers. The molds I used I got for our $ store here, 3 for 1$ and they work beautifully because they are just the right size to embed the roses on top and in the middle of the soothies.

Ok! You have got to go back to this store and get me some of those molds and mail em to me, I would pay of course :laugh2: Now where is the recipe for this???

:grin2: beautiful products!!

Angi

Okay, now that the lonnnnggggg weekend is here I am going to attempt to replicate (amounts used) for these. As I said I just did them "flying from the seat of my pants" (didn't write down the amounts I used :shocked2: . Angi, if you want me to send you some of those little containers I used just send me a p.m. Like I said they came from my $1 store and I only bought a pack which contains 4 of them, I thought it contained 3. Anyway, you don't need more than that as you unmold before you use them all up and let them sit for 24 hours.:yay:

I am missing something here. If I understand right this is a mixture like Milk Bath? If so, what are you adding or doing to make them stick together like bath bombs?

I know I missed something in this :confused:

ETA: they are absolutely adorable

Basically they are a combination of milk bath and salts. Need the salts to get them to hold. I used dried milk, sea salt, baking soda, a bit of cornstarch and a smidge of grapeseed oil. Going to re-create the recipe this time with amounts and write it down and share. I did color one of the batches but it was difficult, it basically gave me a very very pale peachy color.