grubby looking soap

sisterkaren

Even though cinnamon is irritating- that is what people use. I just received some M&P as a gift w/ cinnamon rubbed on it and it didn't irritate my skin.

I wonder if you could use instant coffee?? Maybe the stink of the instant coffee would over power the FO. :confused:

I leached the oils out of some cinnamon so i could put the grounds in my first oatmeal honey soap. I infused olive oil to do it. the grounds were an oily paste, but you could try "washing" them after leaching by simmering in water, maybe even add a bit of soap then strain well and dry.

Thanks Maryann :) I use cinnamon on my m/p soaps to make them grubby and what i do is spray the mold with a small and i mean small amount of rubbing achocol and then i tap a little bit of cinnamon where i want it (like powdering a cake pan) then i pour my soap... when it dries it is just enough

I also use cocoa (the baking kind) like in my cup of dirt soaps

215180676.jpg

It is all in the amount you use... little does go a long ways

sandi

sisterkaren ... you can definately use cinnamon to grubby the prim soap balls. You can also add ingredients to color the soap such as, molasses or brown sugar.

Just let your M&P set for a few minutes until it gets a film on top, then whip it with a spoon until it gets thick. Spoon some of the whipped soap onto wax paper and form it into a ball. To make it extra prim ... when cooled, dust it lightly in ground cinnamon.

If you're interested in a prim soap recipe (Oatmeal & Brown Sugar) shoot me a pm.

I would never use the grubby cinnamon rubbed soaps. I always thought those were too pretty to use and thought they were more for display. I know cinnamon irritates the skin and wouldn't want that liability. For those that sell the grubby soaps do you all put a disclaimer on the soap that it may irritate skin?