Soap Petals

kimmeroo

I bought some soap coated rose petals a while ago in the Pink Sugar scent and they turned brownish.I only make container candles and just started pouring this scent...so far so good...I bought some shower gel base and use this scent and it is turning brown! Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?:confused: Kimmeroo

• 5 months later...

I hope it's OK if I ask a related question in your thread.

I was searching for ways to make soap petals and nothing about how-to came up in any threads. I suspect you just dip them in melted soap and set them aside on wax paper or similar to dry. Is there a better way? I'm thinking that the bottom of the petals touching the wax paper will be uglier than the top side.

Darbla

If I remember correctly I read on I believe BCN's website running a needle with thread through them and dipping them then hanging. You may want to check out their instructions.

I dipped and placed on wax paper didn't really have a problem with them messing up. I did however allow them to dry a tad before laying them on it. HTH

I made these too and hung them on dowel rods stuck in a bookcase. I used little alligator clips on the very edge and ran string through alligator clip holes. Sometimes I would have to trim off edge where clips were. I didn't have much luck selling these at the craft fairs I went to though.