Fall and Winter scents

sisterkaren

I am trying to get our line up for our fall line and want to order some samples. We primarily use MC and B, lately not so much BC, their website overwhelms me. We started using peaks and have been very happy with their oils. I am getting so confused and overwhelmed with all the suppliers available. I ordered some samples from ICS. Their prices are very good and their shipping is the best I have seen. And I wanted to try the dup of Yank's Sage and Cinnamon so I ordered some samples from wsp, but couldn't help but notice that their oils cost much more. I am intrigued with the scent descript. at Just scents. Any to my questions. How to you all decide where to get your samples and how many different suppliers do you use. I love variety but need to be realistic about cost and shipping. It is a hard balance, being a fairly new candlemaker(about 2 years) I am trying to find that balance. Also I need to find scents that throw in C-3, need to use that, it is local. Thanks, Karen

I try to buy the majority of my fall/holiday scents from www.tncandlesupplies.com. They offer FREE shipping on orders of 6 pounds or more (same scent or mix & match). With an order of 10 lbs. or more, you get the free shipping plus $1 off per pound. Awesome scents and great customer service. Here's some that I would recommend:

Cinnamon Stick

Cinnamon Cider

Harvest Spice

Pomegrante

Gingerbread Applesauce

Spiced Cranberry

Apple Berry Crumble

Apple Jack & Peel

Christmas Bazaar

Butterscotch Brulee

Jingle Bells

Orange Clove

Spicy Apples & Peaches

This Old House

Caramel Taffy Apple

Cranberry Cobbler

Gingerberry Wreath

Home Sweet Home

Pomander Spice

Red Hot Cinnamon

Strawberry Cheesecake

Vanilla Cinnamon

I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones I can think of right now. Buy a few samples, I think you'll be glad you did. (They all threw great in soy and in my 50/50 soy blend.)

I agree with Candlebuddy on the fall/winter scents from TCS. I have always had great luck with their oils in GB415...just keep in mind that they do need to cure at least 3-4 days and some a bit longer.

A few more scents to consider from TCS...

Amish Harvest

Christmas Splendor

Pumpkin Pie Spice

Pumpkin Souffle...I love, love, love this scent!!

Russian Tea...another one I love!

Another supplier I love for soy is Candle Science. If they say the FO's throws in soy you better believe it!! :-)

As for number of suppliers.....it's so hard when you are first starting out because you hear all these fantastic reviews and you just have to try them all!! I started out with 12-15 but have narrowed it down to 4-5. So many suppliers carry the same oils just different names. It's a definite challenge!! Good luck!!

from mc

cozy home- strong apple strudel, apple buttery, it has something extra not sure what, but it is awesome in pure soy.

chestnuts & brown sugar-favorite of mine, very strong, awesome thrower in pure soy.

christmas splendor- pine & orange

christmas eve-doesn't smell like xmas to me, smells like strawberries to me.

50/50 mix of gourmet sugar cookie & spicy gingerbread. i call it gingerbread cookies, very creative huh. strong thrower, great seller.

balsam & spice is very nice.

orange clove strong

sweet orange & chili pepper

apple jack & peel is strong & great for fall.

cinnamon/vanilla wonderful creamy cinnamon awesome thrower. smells almost like amish harvest to me.

ics

bear claws

vanilla frosted grahams

sugared spruce

claire burke xmas memories

fall festivel

all hallow's eve- i rename to indian summer

ng

pumpkin crunch cake

country christmas

christmas cabin

flickers

cedar & spice

vanilla hazelnut

ok that's all i can think of.

Carol K, It is so funny that the scents you picked out are mostly the ones we use. Cozy home is currently my new favorite, love the sweet orange and the cinnamon van, we market as cinnamon crunch, is by far our best seller. I just don't see many people on here that use MC. I can't figure out why. All our test well in our so, if we don't carry them it is not because of their throw, it is because we don't care for that particular scent. I'm just not sure if we are missing the boat, not having more suppliers. I just don't know where to start to order some variety from elsewhere. It is completely mind boggling. The more I look the more confused I get. :confused:

Bayberry Apple - C&S

Christmas Splendor - C&S

Cornucopia - Peaks

Gingerbread Cookies - Peaks

Home for the Holidays - Peaks

Pumpkin Pie Spice - JS

Sugar Cookies - JS (I mix in Cinnamon and call it Snicker Doodles)

Christmas Pine - Flickers

Bay Rum - Flickers

Cinnamon Stix - Candlescience

Banana Nut Bread - Candlescience

Christmas Cabin - OM

Smoky Mountains Christmas Tree - OM (this is strong so I mix with xmas pines)

Still looking for a knock my socks off Cranberry.

sisterkaren you are not missing the boat, mc has very good oils & i know personally that they test in soy. they do have a few that are just to lite for me, i like them really strong.

some really great other suppliers that i have never had any problems getting their oils to throw for me are.

tennessee

flickers

ics all though some do take a 2wk cure time.

that is all i can think of at the moment.

Here's mine:

Daystar:

Christmas Cookies sold exceptionally well in candles

Cornucopia

And I just ordered from Daystar:

Frothy Eggnog

Jack o Lanterns Glow

Christmas on the Square

SoapSilly Wholesalesupplies:

Sweet Pumpkin sold out last year in candles and soap

Spiced Cranapple Cider

Natures Garden:

Cinnamon Sticks sold well last year

Candy Corn sold well last year

Selection fo a supplier for me is a no-brainer. Candle Science is just up the road. Always tempting me with free samples with my wax order. Reasonable shipping, too. Plus they rate the throw in soy which is better than the other companys narratives...and the "3 Leafs" are great throwers.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! Thanks for some great sounding recommendations ladies! (and gents... if there ARE any gents) :grin2:

To those who use MC a lot: Could you list the fos that are NOT so strong? I've only tried a few and I liked them all but a super strong throw is really important. Therefore I don't wanna waste precious FO funds on weak throwers. Thanks much in advance!

~ Mt Annie ~

To those who use MC a lot: Could you list the fos that are NOT so strong?

Every scent I've tried!!

Birthday Cake

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Monkey Farts

Christmas Eve

None of them was worth it to me. Hmm I wonder if someone would be interested in buying them. Not doing me any good!!! I tested in soy and parasoy