I Hope This Type Of Advertising Works!

I was just notified by one of the stores that sells my products that they donated 10 of my candles to Extreme Makeover that built a home for a family in our community. I hope my candles get some exposure and gives me a little bit of advertising and business. The episode is supposed to air sometime in the Fall from what I was told. This is a candlemakers dream to get on national tv. But I don't know how much advertising I will get, but any tiny bit will be nice.

Thanks Bubblebath I am going to try and record that episode. Tomorrow I am going out with the store to the Extreme Makeover location and take pics. I hope they let us go thru the house because it looks very countryish which is my style and my candles should fit perfectly. Than I can put that on my website that my candles were shown on the show. I hope this is a start to something bigger.

we get Extreme Makeover in the UK, I'm blubbing every time lol.

Wish someone would get a wrecking ball on my house and build me a nice big one with a candle room.

Weirdly enough whenever I watch an american programme, even Law and Order lol, I'm looking for candles. There aren't so many on UK programmes.

I saw a movie the other day and a guy walked into the kitchen where his wife was making candles hehe. I screamed at the tv and hubby, see see, told you there were popular lol

well done you, heres hoping its the start of something big. You could always send Tye a few freebies ;)

I was told the show is going to air sometime in October. It was very cool being their while they taped. It was so terribly hot and absolutely no shade. Totally miserable, but I stood their all day, until it was over. The things we do to see a celeb.

Oh wow, that's some great product placement!

Hope things really boom for you! :yay:

You should be able to ask them for a copy of the episode, I should think. When some of the TV programs featured my mother's and my boutique and clothes, the TV station was quite willing to burn a copy of the episodes onto a disc for us.

It was a good boost for us, old friends rang us up and wanted to come buy our things, and customers who said they'd seen the features were generally more willing to buy. I shouldn't be surprised if it does the same for you!

Thanks everyone. I was supposed to take a tour of the home along with the store manager but he got so busy that he couldn't make it, so I didn't get a tour of the house. I was so sad. :cry2: I wanted to take pics. of the inside, now I have to wait for the show to air in Oct. I know they took a few candles and some crayon soaps that they put in the bathrooms. My camera wasn't working so well for some reason. All I got was a couple of pics. of Ty. I couldn't get the camera to get a close-up or cooperate. It must have been the 105 degree weather and all the water I kept throwing on myself so I wouldn't pass out. Ty was so cute and he couldn't take the weather either. He kept bending over like he was going to be sick. He is really tanned.

post-1618-139458430923_thumb.jpg

post-1618-139458430919_thumb.jpg