IGI 6006 same as J300?

I was recently searching online for suppliers of IGI's 6006 wax and found it listed like this on one supplier's webpage.

IGI 6006 (Formerly J300) Wax Container Wax

I'm assuming the J300 is referring to the old Astorlite J300 container wax? The description even explains how well this wax works as a triple layer wax which I remember being the big selling point for Astorlite's J300. I've never even seen this feature mentioned with 6006 before now.

I didn't know these waxes are now one and the same. Is this correct? I searched IGI's webpage and can only find the 6006 listed and there is no reference to the J300 but maybe their webpage just isn't updated yet.

Something in the back of my mind tells me that 6006 used to be manufactured by Dussek something or another so maybe the J300 is referring to it's old Dussek name? :confused:

I plan to call the supplier on Monday to get the scoop but just wanted to throw the question out on here to see if anyone knows anything.

It is my understanding that 6006 is the old Dusseck 5766 or also called BP Global 5766. I had heard that & then when I was at the BitterCreek convention in June the IGI wax guy was there & he also told me that was true. I haven't used it to know if that is true.

Too many times they tell you that & it is enough different that you have to start over with your testing & that is a pain. Hope that helps but I would still try to check on Monday to confirm what I have said.

Lauchie has it right. 6006 was an acquired product but not from Honeywell.

However it's a similar kind of wax to J-300 and very possibly the reason IGI dropped that Astor product. I think I've seen it recommended by suppliers for layered containers.

ah...so MAYBE they have it listed as (formerly J300) to indicate that it "replaces" the J300 since they appear to no longer carry it - not that it IS the J300. That makes sense. Thanks Top!

I'll post what the supplier says in case anyone else is interested.

I don't have any idea if IGI6006 is the same as J300 but I called IGI Thursday to see if there was another supplier other than C&S that carried the 6098. In our conversation she also talked about 6006 being similiar to 6098 and that it was also used and very popular to make layered candles with. Hth

Never used J300, but 6006 is supposed to be a parasoy blend. I tried it some time back & found it difficult to wick. I had to wick up several sizes to get it to burn.

I thought J300 was a 1 pour paraffin, with no soy.

Fredron

J300 was a one pour and I thought that it had some soy in it according to my supplier (???). When I was doing comparison testing, the 6006 would get sink holes and yes, wicking was a bit more challenging. I know alot of people who use and love the 6006 but for me at the time it was not a similar wax even tho the supplier suggested it as a "replacement".

Just heard back from the supplier. According to her, these are the EXACT same waxes. :shocked2:

She said that one manufacturer bought out the other (obviously she is referring to IGI buying out Astorlite) and rather than offering the same wax with two different names they decided to keep the IGI 6006 name and sunset the J300 name.