Price break for large order?

7Angela7

If the large order came in through my website and the customer already paid with his credit card, then no, I do not give a discount as that would mean issuing a refund or credit. What I would do in this case is to add in a few free items to act a the "discount".

If the large order hasn't been paid for yet, I could either give them something like 10% off or throw in extra goodies. Personally I prefer the latter method as it enables the customer to try more items and makes them feel they got a good deal (they paid $x but got $x+y worth of stuff).

As to what constitutes a large order, I guess it really depends. You could fix it at a flat dollar amount (e.g. $100) or you could look at it relative to your typical order. If most people buy $15 of product from you, then a $50 order would be considered large.

I usually do the same. Just throw in some freebies. Lets them try new scents and make them feel they got something "for free". A large order for me is around $100 so I will just throw is some extra tarts or sample sample size lotions or body sprays

Speaking as a customer, I love to get little freebies. That's the best part of getting my shipments in the mail if somebody slips some small extras in there. It makes me want to come back to them. And I think it shows enthusiasm for their work.

Guest EMercier

I agree with what everyone else said. Also, as a sidebar, I bought some stuff from another member here and got some free sample scents. I was shocked, thought there was a mistake. I'll be trying those soon.