Canning Jars

For those of you that use canning jars for your candle making. Do you have a certain retailer you get these from all year? I have been getting my from Big Lots but it looks like they are running low and I’m afraid to ask the manager if they are going to get more in.

I tried to look for a company website for the mason jars to see if they had retailers but could not even find a website.

I don’t want to buy off the internet and incur shipping charges, I was just wondering if you knew of a retailer that stocks them all year. I went to my local Wal-Mart and they just have the quilted jelly jars that’s it. I use the jelly jars and pint jars.

I currently have been using the Golden Harvest Mason jars which I cannot find a company page for either.

The boxes look like these. . . . .

Jelly Jars

ruralroot-store_1861_4043326

Pint Jars

ruralroot-store_1861_3405773

Thanks,

I have found I can get better deals on them online that locally... I do pay for shipping but its worth it to me to get smooth sided one(can't find them here) my labels look so much nicer on the smooth sided jar without ball or mason or any etching or amything on it..

I just picked up some of these yesterday at Big Lot's too. They were also running low. I agree that you can probably get a local hardware or farm supply to order them for you. I know the hardware store I go to will order all year if I ask.

I get my jars at Wal-Mart. They stock them all year round. (By the way, I'm from Charlotte and have family in Rock Hill - well, York, but that's close :D).

You can also try www.fillmorecontainer.com They carry canning/jelly jars and have very reasonable shipping. I get my square masons there. Oh, and www.carolinacandlesupplies.com is a great place to get supplies. I pick up cases of wax and some jars when I visit Charlotte. They are right up I-77 on Old Statesville Road.

I know how you feel as I'm running into the same problem and My Walmart doesn't carry noe will they order jars for me. My Big Lots out too so I have to order from Fairway Glass.

I too don't want the smooth jars as I also do a country look to my pint size jars as well. And, because I don't know where those jars came from. They might be from Tiwane or Indonesia and I personally want to support Amerian supplies totally.

Fairway Glass carries the Ball Mason Jars. They have a distibutor up in Cleveland, on the west side.

I hate having to pay shipping but having a job is more important so I'll pay the shipping.

The supermarkets here charge $10.00 a case for Golden Harvest jars and I refuse to pay it.:undecided

I know how you feel as I'm running into the same problem and My Walmart doesn't carry noe will they order jars for me. My Big Lots out too so I have to order from Fairway Glass.

I too don't want the smooth jars as I also do a country look to my pint size jars as well. And, because I don't know where those jars came from. They might be from Tiwane or Indonesia and I personally want to support Amerian supplies totally.

Fairway Glass carries the Ball Mason Jars. They have a distibutor up in Cleveland, on the west side.

I hate having to pay shipping but having a job is more important so I'll pay the shipping.

The supermarkets here charge $10.00 a case for Golden Harvest jars and I refuse to pay it.:undecided

http://www.fairwayglass.us/

Whew they look expensive to me.

$6.60 for a dozen of the 16 oz Ball Mason Jars w/ lids (wow )

$5.88 for a dozen jelly jars w/ lids ( not too bad)

I've been getting them from Big Lots for $5.49 a dozen, now they are out.

That's what I pay too. $5.49 per dozen

The price goes down the more you order from fairway but the freight cost are just huge.. That's what burnes me every time I order. I have 40 cases left and three shows to do plus regular Christmas crowd over the holidays. Jan and feb are slow so no worries there.

One of the best things about spring coming is the new mason jar shipment at Big Lots coming back in!;)

Well after some thorough research I found the company that makes the Ball and Kerr Mason jars.

http://www.jardenhomebrands.com/

They then point you to this website for retail service:

http://www.polsteins.com/canning--jars.html

Seems the Ball Corporation got out of the glass business back in 1993 they only make metal and plastic products now.

http://www.ball.com/

Thats when they sold the business to the Jarden Corporation, they make the Kerr and the Ball brand canning jars now.

Just an FYI for anyone interested.