Collection Agencies

barncat

Anyone use one? Thinking about turning one of my customers in. I don't do net 30's except for a select few accounts. This one account with 4 stores, all were pd except one. I sent 2 statements and still no $$. I called last week and they claim they never recieved the mdse. Well guess what, they picked it up themselves!! Now I got something in the mail today...was assuming the check. Nope...it was a letter stating that they never recieved an invoice and they have damages too. Yeah...no way are they getting any damages taken off...not after 3 mos! after how many years in the business and they dont know anything about damage policies? Course the bad part is I will probably loose them as a customer. They are not a big account, but still, hate to loose them....but I want my DAMN money! They are close enough, about a 75 min drive, so I may be making a trip up there very soon!!

Hire a collection agency and you can be sure you will lose them as a customer as well as up to 1/3 of your balance due. I would try to work it out with them - you know the saying "please one person and they MAY tell 2 others". "Make one person mad and they will make it a point to tell 11"! I don't think it's worth risking the other two accounts or any other potential accounts over one invoice?

Is it that you won trust with them at first paying up front for awhile or has it always been 30 days to pay the account. I am working on wholesale but asking for payment up front. Starting that this month. Have everything ready but making the candles and shipping.

This would be bad and sorta wishy washy. I always work near a lady at a craft show.We talk and she told me she had ordered over 300 candles on E-Bay and paid for them. Been a month and she didn't have the candles. She was getting ready to contact Pay Pal.

I will be talking to her about my candles now. She has a store near me now but before she only did shows. She does both now. Although I didn't see her at one show this year she always did. Probably a bigger one she was doing. She does primitive decor things and adds a candle now and then. I need to supply her and stop in the store soon. I hope she is still there and didn't give it up. She also had a full time job,craft shows and store and I think she was wanting me to work the store weekdays and she do weekends when we talking.

LynnS

If they picked up the merchandise didn't you have whomever picked it up sign the invoice? I never let anyone come to my business because of the liability insurance, so I always do a drop-off or mail it. Anyway I always have my invoice signed before I leave a merchants store. It is my only way of making sure they received the merchandise and no one can say they didn't receive it when there is a signed copy. I hope you get it resolved.

I'd start with a formal letter, with the proper letter format notifying them that failure to pay will result in filings with a lawyer and the BBB. But you need to be precise in what you say.

"Margie from company X recieved the items on 21 June 2007. As of today, the balance on the account is $458.00. This balance has now come past due, and you have 10 days to make payment in full before (the proper authorities) so and soso are contacted."

ETA: They can fight the bill if you haven't given them proper notification. Don't forget to send certified mail!