How much for a booth at a craft mall?

barncat

I guess it would really depend on your area and how the craft mall is doing.

I have a few craft malls in my area and one does very well and the one I actually work at one day a week doesn't do well at all.

If the craft mall is doing well. Meaning they are keeping their vendors happy by keeping the customers coming in, the rent on a space that large would be around $250.00.

Usually a space that is 4 ft wide and 2 ft deep is $75.00

If the craft mall is not trying and has a large turnover of vendors, you can probably pay around $100.00

The commissions may vary between 8-12% per month based on your sales.

I know this doesn't help. I would call them and ask their rates before you go in. If they sound like something you can handle for 3-4 months to see if your product does well there, then go in and see what they have available.

HTH

I have a booth with a friend in a mall that is not all crafts but has a little of everything. Booth size is 10 x 10 and cost $120 per month. I share it with a friend so we each pay $60 which is not bad. I will say that after Christmas until close to fall my sales are way down to the point sometimes I just make my part of the rent. Sometimes I think about giving it up but I stay in for the fall/Christmas season and it does get my name out there. Good luck.

The one in my town (bigger city) is 100/mo and you have to sign a year contract... $30.00/mo would be awesome! The 100/mo scared me off because when I was there they just didn't have enough people in the store/mall to justify that amount of money, and I especially hate contracts. I don't feel like the particular craft mall did much advertising to get folks in there.

We had one here several years ago (small town in NS), they charged 125/month for a space about 4x4. I was horrified. Also the person at the cash had her nose stuck in a book, and anyone could have walked out of there with anything. Needless to say, they didn't last long.