I'm in a quandry!

Help!! I've been researching printers all week and still cannot decide what to get. I'm looking for an inkjet printer to print my labels with. I have an HP Deskjet 5440 right now and needless to say it sucks! I'm not sure whether to go with an Epson that uses the durabrite ink or a Canon. Can anybody help me please? If so, can you give me a make and model? Thanks sooo much!

Welp, I went through two outrageously priced lexmark printers in a few months of labels and brochures. I went to Walmart and decided to get one that would print really fast, 16 pages per minute(color). Suprisingly, the one that printed the fastest was one of the cheapest ones, only $25. It has worked great. It only came with a color cartridge but was easily printing black by mixing the colors. It also has a large cartridge so I dont waste tons of money on new cartridges or refilling them. It may not be what your looking for but its worth a try. BTW its really small, I can fit mine in my large laptop case. Great for business travel and cramped workspaces. It does not come with the cable so, you'll probably need to pick that up too. I had one laying around from my other lexmarks.

We went with an all-in-one printer-copier-scanner-fax machine. whew! Sounds like a lot and it is, but my husband works from home and needs to fax things sometimes, so this really worked best for us.... also considering I was about to THROW the old printer out the window because it screwed up my labels so badly.

Anyways, we got an HP C6180 and I love it, love it, love it.

I hate Lexmark!!! If you don't print for a long time the ink dries up and it takes a while to get it going again. I decided to get a 3 in 1 with fax. I got a Brother printer. And I LOVE IT!!! If you do alot of printing it is excellent. I have not yet has a problem. And you buy all the colors seperately. which is a bonus because I use alot of black and majenta. So when you run out of a color it's $15 to replace it. I have had it for a year and I have not had to get any yellow or blue I think those are the other colors. Anyway I LOVE BROTHER!!!!

In my opinion HP has great quality printers. If you are having trouble with yours try adjusting the print settings, usually that will help a great deal! I am using an HP photosmart 8200 right now and my prints are near print shop quality at max resolution. My glossy labels come out fabulous, although it does take some getting used to color management to get the correct color, but you will find that with any printer out there.

It all depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you are looking for photo quality results I would stick with HP and I have tried them all. My Epsons have been less than impressive and there customer service sucks. Cannon has some good stuff, but I will stick with HP all the way!

If your just doing plain paper labels or somewhere in between nearly all manufacturers will have a model that will produce descent results, just need to shop around for the features you want.

...and check those print settings! You will find a happy medium eventually!

It helps to read reviews on a product you are interested in also before you spend money on it.

Hope that helps.

The Epson DuraBrite printers are the bomb. The ink will never, ever run, I have soaked the labels in hot water and had to scrub them off with a brillo pad and still the ink was still crisp. The CX series runs around $90. I have a CX4200 and its been great. This is my 2nd Epson and it gets major use printing labels. Can't beat it for an inexpensive inkjet and the ink will not run.

The new Epson photo copiers have a Claria (spelling) ink that doesnt run either and has more color cartridges in it to match up skin colors more closely. :)