July Candle Challenge

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow your quick... one minute after I post it and your already trying to scam it away from me!

I was working on a wedding candle for a board member and I decided to take a break after making 4 versions trying to get the right colors for her candle.

Never made these colors or exact shape before but for a first try I think it captures the sunflower pic well.

Bruce

Very cool, Bruce. I'm not real sure I like the blue, but I definately like the cut of the candle.

Miss Mary, you better post yours. The idea is to challenge and inspire and we all get inspired by different things!

My hubby built mine out of plywood and 2x4's. :) I found leftover spray paint, so it's part blue and part beige. lol

The sunflower is actually container wax from a tart mold, that then scooped out the center to pour the brown wax. Then I totally froze it to get it out then let thaw to let the moisture evaporate, poured the container halfway, and let that cool.

I placed the sunflower in the middle and tore up an aluminum tea light cup and made two little walls on each side of the flower. I poured the blue sky first very slow and low, let it sit to dry up any small holes in the wall. Poured the rest of the way to the lip. Let that sit and then removed the wall, smoothed out any rough wax and poured the green and dribbled on the white clouds (though they don't look very white now).

I poured the green and blue VERY cool so it didn't melt the yellow.

Then I took some candle paint and touched it up with a tiny bit of candle dye and painted on the embellishments. :)