Color Blocks

I have been doing more research, like I ever stop. I have heard of people who use crayola crayons to color their candles. Do you think this would be a problem. I currently use color blocks and thats pretty much what they are, colored wax. If I used crayons, I could get more colors with out having to blend as much. I think Im gonna put this on my test list.

:confused:

sorry, but you are asking a question like this while searching for wholesale and fundraiser accounts..

This is the FIRST thing that a candlemaker learns when wants to make candles not just for fun...

at your (supposed) stage you should know exactly what to do and what not do..

Sorry I don't want to be rude, but I can't think of a candlemakers selling candles who uses crayons.

Your research should have pointed out that we strongly suggest not using them. You have to use too much to get much color and they are proned to clogging wick, but you're free to try it out for yourself to see ;)

That's the first thing I thought when I read the thread. Are you doing you research HERE? Because that would've already been answered to you in a resounding way, if so.

Your research should have pointed out that we strongly suggest not using them. You have to use too much to get much color and they are proned to clogging wick, but you're free to try it out for yourself to see ;)

This is very intresting question "crayons":mad: back in the early 60's we tried them, this was before chips and we were cheap or something. Then we went to power (messy) but good, than we had our own recipe over the years, like all pro-candle makers we have the basics for the entry-level C/M that we do share, from the countless question you get.

:highfive:

I use strictly blocks for my color in my soy candles. I and my customers LOVE the deep, deep jewel toned colors. New customers always comment on the color of my candles. BUT I get the awesome colors by spending HOURS and WAX experimenting and playing with color.

A color block IS NOT a crayon and if you are learning this just now, you are certainly not ready to sell to the public yet!

One of the ways I judge how long a chandler has been making candles IS by color! You need to remember that the color IS the first impression that your candles make on a customer from a distance!:confused: If a customer reads~ Cinnamon~ on the label and the candle is PINK, because the chandler doesn't know how to make a deep red, they'll walk right by without selling! THAT IS A FACT!:tiptoe:

I had many a chandler ask me to surrender the seacrets of my deep, rich colors in soy and I can honestly say, it is NOT Crayola Crayons!":laugh2:

Fire

Ok, thanks for the warnings. I was just looking at some more tutorials because you can always learn new techniques and the woman said she used Crayola Crayons in her candles and soap and that they were better than color blocks. I just thought I would ask. I didn't look that far into if they would work, I just thought I would ask. Thanks for the help.