Crayons

maryann

Remember this is my first batch :) so its not perfect. Tips need to be more uniform and I want to tweak the labels. Oh the pink is funky because a few days before I messed up on some soap color so I poured the bright pink in the mold and took the scraps from the tips and put them in the lighter pink after melting it. It cooled too much so the bright never melted into the light so that's why the lighter pink crayons have bits of darker pink :rolleyes2

[ATTACH]1917[/ATTACH]

masking the tops helped make them fairly even

[ATTACH]1918[/ATTACH]

This is what happens when you leave the masking tape on too long :(

[ATTACH]1919[/ATTACH]

I need to figure out how to do the 2 black stripes at the tip and at the bottom of the crayon. Worked on this label too long so this will be good for now :D

[ATTACH]1920[/ATTACH]

Finished project

[ATTACH]1921[/ATTACH]

post-119-139458381995_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458381998_thumb.jpg

post-119-1394583820_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458382002_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458382004_thumb.jpg

Walmart- I seem to be saying that ALOT lately LOL. The funny thing is is that I'm really not even a fan of that place (they never have what I go in for:angry2: ). In Housewares, its a long tubular ice cube tray (lots of cavities). I want to say around $3 to $4 its been awhile since I purchased it. I'm good at getting supplies when I see something neat, then it just sits there for awhile. HTH

length: a little over 3"

diameter: a little over 1/2"

I made some of these awhile back. But when my nephew used them, I apparently didn't add enough color. How much color did you use and did you use food coloring or bath and body grade color?

Thanks!

They look awesome by the way! Beats Wal-Mart any ol'day.

I made some of these awhile back. But when my nephew used them, I apparently didn't add enough color. How much color did you use and did you use food coloring or bath and body grade color?

Thanks!

They look awesome by the way! Beats Wal-Mart any ol'day.

I didn't make them to "color" on skin or tub just soap. Hopefully someone else that makes them can help with that question. This was my first batch. But I would be interested in knowing for the future.

Wow, MaryAnn,

You have done it again and again and again. There is no end to your creativity. Lucky woman. More importantly, your lucky customers.

How are sales going for you? I hope your cash register is wearing out from all the sales. :thumbsup:

Chris

I think I'm going to go in front of the firing squad, LOL, pretty soon under the business section of the forum and have people critique my site. My husband said tonight the things I've done are kool but I've to speak of have sold NOTHING (on my site). I really have no time to dedicate to this which doesn't help. I'll in the nooks of my time try a new recipe and put it on my site after testing, but I just don't have enough time in the day to market it. I to make a long story short have spread my time to thin between my childrens' school, trying to still get our house set up from moving in back in APRIL (I'm ashamed to say), etc basically LIFE which we all know is crazy. So I need help in figuring out what I need to do whether its the overall theme of the site, prices, packaging, the products I've chosen, etc. I need to know what it is.

Now I'm off to paint!!!! and want to slip in trying a recipe I got off the old forum.

I did it.. http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6204 (really now off to paint at 11:30pm)!!

You crack me up.

I think your site is fabulous.

Chris Got to go to bed otherwise I write more.

I think I'll going to go in front of the firing squad, LOL, pretty soon under the business section of the forum and have people critique my site. My husband said tonight the things I've done are kool but I've to speak of have sold NOTHING. I really have no time to dedicate to this. I'll in the nooks of my time try a new recipe and put it on my site after testing, but I just don't have enough time in the day to market it. I to make a long story short have spread my time to thin between my childrens' school, trying to still get our house set up from moving in back in APRIL (I'm ashamed to say), etc basically LIFE which we all know is crazy. So I need help in figuring out what I need to do whether its the overall theme of the site, prices, packaging, the products I've chosen, etc. I need to know what it is.

Now I'm off to paint!!!! and want to slip in trying a recipe I got off the old forum.