USA to UK postage, how much?

thanks Gaynor, thats roughly $110 ish.

Hi Stella, yep I tried that but didn't have the starting zip code :(

theres a lovely looking auction on ebay, but its so much stuff the box weighs 25lb lol. Lady was looking into postage but so far had only found global express at $300.

thanks Gaynor' date=' thats roughly $110 ish.

Hi Stella, yep I tried that but didn't have the starting zip code :(

theres a lovely looking auction on ebay, but its so much stuff the box weighs 25lb lol. Lady was looking into postage but so far had only found global express at $300.[/quote']

UPS will cost a fortune! - USPS is your best bet:rolleyes2 - think the quote was $102 so a little less:yay: not sure what the conversion rate is a the mo, just roughly guessed the price.

Wick'n'Wax, the starting zip code is not required for overseas shipments. The rates are all the same no matter which city/state it originated from. To get an estimate, go to usps.com and click on 'calculate postage' followed by 'calculate international postage'. Then select the destination country, United Kingdom, and you'll be given a new screen where all you need to input is the weight in pounds. You can do this for any item in the US which you're thinking of ordering, to see if the postage is reasonable. Hope this helps.

Wick'n'Wax, the starting zip code is not required for overseas shipments. The rates are all the same no matter which city/state it originated from. To get an estimate, go to usps.com and click on 'calculate postage' followed by 'calculate international postage'. Then select the destination country, United Kingdom, and you'll be given a new screen where all you need to input is the weight in pounds. You can do this for any item in the US which you're thinking of ordering, to see if the postage is reasonable. Hope this helps.

aah, I did it lol.

thanks everyone $102.

Don't think I'll get it at the initial bid, but thought I'd check out postage, just in case ;)

I'll remember this for future too, thanks sudsnwick

lol- i was just looking through ebay.com for some baby block molds after i read your post and saw that one and thought i bet thats the one wick mentioned. It looks o.k but a lot of the molds do look a bit mucky but if you dont mind cleaning them first then your o.k. My only reservtion is if this are covered in wax then she has not looked after them well between pours and so there maybe some imperfections that you cannot see if the pics- especially the silicone molds. But good luck if you decide to go for it.

How about asking if the seller could split it in to two boxes that way might be cheaper. It may fit in two of the USPS $37 flat rate boxes. I have just placed an order for molds and used this delivery option and i ordered 12 silicone molds. A $37 flat rate box will hold up to 20lb

I agree - those moulds are in a complete mess. That's OK if you want to clean them all up but the fact that the lady never bothered to clean them means that she never bothered to look after them. FO eats into everything so all the moulds should be clean.

Not only that - but you can see how shoddy she is by the fact that she's got votives still stuck on the votive pins and not bothered to take them off.

The only thing you need to ask yourself wick - is do you really NEED all this stuff? The mistake I made when first starting up was to buy every kind of sillicone mould I could find - I spent hundreds and hundreds on them. Guess where they are? In the cupboard un-used and I've now got to sell them all for a lot less than I paid.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that when you first start your business you need to have every sort of pie, sundae, bakery candle, wax melt style and shape of candle - cos you don't. I stopped selling my "novelty" candles made with sillicone moulds a long time ago because everyone went "oooh look at that" but never actually bought them. In fact - all of my bakery scents are the WORST sellers - people just say "it'll make me hungry" and go for the plain candle in citrus scent in a jar.

Just think of the QUALITY stuff you can buy for £100 - and that's the minimum amount you will pay for all that crap off ebay.

Get yourself some brand new votive moulds - I suggest having at least 24 or 48 of them. Buy yourself some wick from the USA instead of having to rely on eco's and LX brand from the UK - start with CD, RRD and Hemp cos they're all lovely. Go to Tescos and buy yourself a set of tea towels, a 12 pack of kitchen towel, 10 wooden spoons, 5 large glass pyrex jugs, some super quality scissors for cutting wicks or even spend your £100 on a presto pot, and then save another £80 for the transformer.

Instead of buying a ton of moulds that'll end up sat in a cupboard, stock yourself up on essentials like the towels, jugs, spoons etc and perhaps just one or two good new sillicone moulds to play with!

Wise words Nat. I tend to be drawn to these big auctions too, then stop and think to myself 'will I actually use them?!' I am trying really really hard to stop myself buying unessential things, and saving the money for the more important stuff, like wax LOL. We are moving in August and having a mortgage to pay after so many years of having a 'paid for' house is kinda scary. So I am HAVING to supress my urges :grin2: Its hard REALLY hard, i'm having to go cold turkey *ROFL* I will break that addiction - I THINK :P

Anjie,x.

yeah you're right, now I've looked at them closely.

It's just, well, my tongue sort of fell out, my jaw hit the floor lol.

tbh, at the moment, I could do with concentrating on the aluminium moulds, need some smaller pillar ones, and yep some more votives. Managed to get myself a dozen so far.

I can't help but look at ebay US as theres so much stuff.

Soooooooooooooo 20lb for $37 dollars hey ;)

I'm desperate for a large doughnut mould, dunno why, but thats my irrational, gotta have mould hehe

can understand nat's words, i have silcone moulds just sitting here and will never use half of them, need to re-sell more than likely at a loss, but its a lesson learned:( a costly one at that

shout me when you do lol

speak to you later xx

Yes but you do have to ask for the flat rate box as most US sellers have never heard of it. I think it may be new? I have just ordered some silicone mold from jags mold ( cannot reccomend her highly enough- both her molds and custumer service) i got 12 molds in that one flat rate box- plus could have fitted more in if i wanted to, or more like if i could have afforded too:grin2:

Yes but you do have to ask for the flat rate box as most US sellers have never heard of it. I think it may be new? I have just ordered some silicone mold from jags mold ( cannot reccomend her highly enough- both her molds and custumer service) i got 12 molds in that one flat rate box- plus could have fitted more in if i wanted to, or more like if i could have afforded too:grin2:

ooh good prices too. Best bit, THE WEBSITE TALKS TO YOU lolol, doesn't take much to make me happy ;)

Yes, the flat rate box is a new thing for sending overseas. Also new is the ability to use the domestic air mail boxes (termed priority mail here) issued by the post office for international shipping. All these changes came into effect on May 14 (plus a rate hike, unfortunately) so some sellers may still be unaware of it, although I would think that if they are selling things and shipping by post, they should familiarize themselves with any new policies right away.

like I've got any surplus anything lmao

great idea though.

We need loads more UK threads on the classifieds' date=' thats for sure.[/quote']

I may have a few, i will post on the classifieds if anyones interested? i have a few strawberry moulds and i may have a few aluminium pillar moulds?

I may have a few, i will post on the classifieds if anyones interested? i have a few strawberry moulds and i may have a few aluminium pillar moulds?

I need aluminium pillar moulds, esp. smaller ones, ooo oooh off to classies lol

I need aluminium pillar moulds' date=' esp. smaller ones, ooo oooh off to classies lol[/quote']

they are larger ones- i bought about 6 of them to make photocanes with but then got sick of making them when they were not going right. They are about 5" by 51/2"