I did it! I made soap!

Ruina

My very 1st cp batch. :yay:

I kept it simple until I know what I'm doing. I've put plastic wrap on top to prevent ash, but it's touching the soap. I hope that's fine.

I read about small batches not producing enough heat, so I covered it in a towel & placed it in the oven with the light on.

I was going to try rt cp, but it couldn't get it done last night. So I did it this morning & let everything cool before mixing.

Hope it comes out alright.

post-7640-139458429644_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Brenda & SoapintheCity. It was a mixture of fear & excitement. I keep peeking looking for the gel stage, but nothing yet.

I can't wait to use these. Do I really have to wait 6 weeks? It's gonna kill me to wait that long.

This FO is nice. More citrusy than herbal.

Thanks for all your support. Now I'm freaking out cause I don't know what to do next. Afraid I'm going to mess it up. It's gelled completely. Should I uncover it to let it get cool or keep it warm? How do you all keep the anxiety at bay?

Thanks so much E. Feel better now. Now I can breathe. Do I dare try another one tomorrow?

Now that you've done your first batch... soapin' will be all you think about! LOL I even come up with all these ideas in my head as I'm TRYING to fall asleep at night! :laugh2: Great looking batch! Welcome to the Addiction!

Good advice E. They're always welcomed.

Ginger, I felt exactly the same way. I did m&p since no lye involved, but after looking at all these soaps & all the swirls, I just had to try. Now when I show my friends the soaps I did, I can say I actually did the soap, KWIM?

Your soap turned out sooo pretty...I want to try making soap but the word "LYE" scares me so I just look at all the beautiful soaps in the gallery. Congrats!!! Ginger

Ginger, I'm terrified of lye but am begainng to realize that taking basic precautions makes it no more dangerious than most household cleaners. make sure you wear gloves and goggles and face mask. I know several people here have said they dont use a fae mask but I tryed that and the fumes make my nose feel rawish. Not rush to the hospital, burned flesh raw, but it cant be good for you. Work in a well ventilated area. (after the lye water cools the fumes seem to stop being produced, at least seems so to me). follow the directions set out in many of these forums, and be aware it is potentualy dangerious. Lock up kids and fuzzy people. Oh, and if your gloves get greasy stop what youre doing and wash them so when you grab the lye pitcher you don't drop it.

Now go gather up the supplies and start soaping! As much s I love doing M&P... CP is just so much... more addictive!:laugh2: Really... for me... it seems to allow for even more creativity. not only do you get to decide what it will look and smell like but even the basic charateristics of the soap. What kind of lather it will have, how cleansing and conditionng it will, how hard, and what kind of texture ... the possabilities are endless!