My first Forever Pillar with pressed flowers

This was a tricky one, but thoroughly enjoyed making it, in fact, I made a round pillar too, but still to decorate that one.

Its an octagon with the votive holder embedded in the top, and decorated with pressed flowers. The design goes all the way around. Haven't overdipped it yet, thought I'd share it before hand in case I mess that bit up lol

foreveroct.jpg

That looks great. When I overdip a forever pillar I put a "fake" wick in so that I have something to hold onto. If you invest in a small food dehydrator you can get most flowers pressed and dry in a day. Leaves dry quickly in a book if they are in a warm place. Like try putting them in a hot car in the sun. Donita

That looks veeery pretty Yvette, good job!

When I make forever pillars with glass tealight cups I stick the glass cup in the mould, upside down over the wick hole, with a circle of bluetac thats slightly smaller than the rim of the glass. Seals it up nicely and no wax leaks underneath :grin2: Is that what you did?

Anjie,x.

Thanks Donita, I'm going to look into 'doing' my own this weekend.

Anjie, I stuck enough mould sealer to sink a battle ship on the outside of the mould to cover the hole, then loads of tape lol.

I then placed the votive holder inside the mould with a piece of metal pipe to hold it down. The first one (the round pillar) the pipe slid sideways so had to wedge it with chopsticks lol.

The only problem I found was knowing when to take the pipe out. You should wait until its set up around the pipe, but it still wasn't enough and when I took the pipe out the wax levelled itself, so its a bit shorter than should be.

I'm going to overdip today............. sucker for punishment lmao

How can something be so scary yet so enjoyable and rewarding at the same time, bit like childbirth I suppose hehe

PITA but something lovely comes out at the end :laugh2:

Hi Ginger, I used microwax soft. Put it on with a paintbrush, its very tricky though and dries so fast. From the pot to the candle and its set! In fact on some, when I started brushing the bottom of a petal, by the time I'd reached the top the bottom had set