Wicks and tealights

For all of you who pour tealights: Do you leave the wick in the cup when you pour or do you add it when it's a little cooler? I tried leaving the wick in while I pour and maybe I'm pouring too hot but the wick just drooped over. Can anyone help me out on what I'm doing wrong and what temp I'm supposed to be pouring them? Thanks!

I find with tealights that you have to pour the wax quite cool, or your wicks fall over like you say. I use silicone and attach the wick to the bottom of the tealight before pouring, as I always found that I had a difficult time centering the wick after pouring the wax they seemed to float all over.

Hope this is of some help

Pam F

If you plan on pouring a lot of tealights, invest in a mold from candlewic. It will save you a lot of time and head aches. Otherwise, pour cool with the wick in place or insert after you pour, it's easy if you have the 15mm tabs to get them into the indent inside the tealight cup.

i use embed wax coated wicks for my tealights .. the wax the wick is dipped in is much higher than the wax i'm pouring so no drooping .. also .. wick pins are a girls BEST FRIEND for ALL CANDLE making

I just got one of these - why did I wait so long?!

;)

I bought some t-lite molds from someone else and find they are on the short side. Making my t-lites look not filled. The mold from candle wick, does the wax fill your t-lite cup full and what kind of wick pin came with it? Mine had nails that you were suppose to shove in a hole inside the mold. The nails were all leaning and I never could get them straight. Need to come up with something to make the work or buy from CandleWic????

Sharon, I hope this helps. With my camera and skills I can't get any better picture. I really like this mold. Everything literally falls out of it - even beeswax. I hope you can see the level the wax gets too. IMO its fine and compares to every tea light I see out there. I do a trick when I take out the "blanks" - I put them in the cups upside down - that way you get perfectly flat tops all the time - it looks like a machine stamped them out. (Yes, the posts are straight, I have to be so many feet away with my old digital - the close up doesn't work right either - that things closer and off to the sides look "bent").

:)

BWTL.jpg

I have a dumb question. Why is it necessary to glue the wick tab down in a container candle but not in a votive or tealight? I've never burned a container candle, but I've burned lots of votives and tealights, and I've only had the wick start to float once. (one of my first ever votives) Why is it not an issue with the votives and tealights?

I have a dumb question. Why is it necessary to glue the wick tab down in a container candle but not in a votive or tealight? I've never burned a container candle, but I've burned lots of votives and tealights, and I've only had the wick start to float once. (one of my first ever votives) Why is it not an issue with the votives and tealights?

Ok, you wouldn't want to glue the wick down in your votive mold so that is why you don't do it with votives. Then with tea lights that would just be a total pain in the butt but you sure can if you would want to.

I get my wicks from Cierra Candles and they are the best darn things. I put the wick it before I pour and only once in awhile do I have to re-center them. They never fall over and they burn wonderfully in the cups.

• 4 weeks later...

candlesinIL - I got the mold here: http://www.candlewic.com/store/category.aspx?q=cTea-Light+Molds

Sharon, they actually are like votive wick pins, but without the flat part. They are just the rods that you place in the holes of each tea light depression. They are very easy to adjust if you need to, but I find if I just stick them in they are straight. Maybe at times they will straightened, but thats easy to to do. (You can see a couple laying on the right side of the mold in the pic).

You pour the wax and when they are almost set up you pull the pins out, then you wait for them to harden all the way (doesn't take long), then you turn it over and they pop out easy - even BW.

i use embed wax coated wicks for my tealights .. the wax the wick is dipped in is much higher than the wax i'm pouring so no drooping .. also .. wick pins are a girls BEST FRIEND for ALL CANDLE making

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay: