New Jeff soap Mold with Back Woods Lemon Tart

TexasBrat

I am so proud of myself that I finally am better with this swirl attempt. I have come to realize...less is more. :grin2: AND, this is my new 18 bar soap mold that Jeff made for me. He designed it to be used to make two separate 9 bar batches if I want too. He is still working on my dividers but I was so excited I had to take it home and try it out last night. As soon as I can remove it from the tray I will be making two more batches in this mold at the same time to show how it looks. Jeff, this was so EASY to remove and I didn't need pliers or anything, they just lifted out. I will post cut pics later but for now here is the soap in the mold and then with the sides down.

post-62-139458429271_thumb.jpg

post-62-139458429273_thumb.jpg

That looks great. Looking forward to seeing this one. It won't discolor much will it? Thought I read it will go to a light brown, but I have a bottle of it that I'd love to soap too.

OK now I'm probably going to have to talk to Jeff about some molds ... shame on you lol!

Scented, I had heard it doesn't discolor at all but even a light tan would be fine with me I don't like how SW's LLC is so dark. You should soap this scent, it is so yummy.

Jeff, I think you must have put a hex on the this mold to keep away the soap fairies b/c my swirls look so cool. I love this mold. :yay:

It looks great. :) Let us know how you cut it without quide lines unless I am missing something here. :)
You're not missing anything, I am. I'm trying to figure out a good way to have dividers AND still be able to use it without a liner if you don't want to use the dividers for any reason. It's still a work in progress but I should have it figured out soon.

Here's a question for those of you who use bar molds like this

Do you ever make a batch without the dividers?

I wonder if I should just make it to be always used with dividers. Please give me your input.

P.S. Brat, it's not a hex. It's VooDoo.

Nice looking mold! my BIL offered to build molds for me in any material I wanted and I've got a design for a cutter, but I haven't found anyone to build it for me. I really dont want to deal with wires and things. have fun with your mold. How many pounds of soap does it hold?

your soap is just lovely, TB! And and is some mold! Jeff, your workmanship is far superior to some I've seen.

As far as the dividers go, I always use mine in both my small and large Kelsei molds. I also have an Upland slab, but I don't use it all that much. I DO like the Upland Logs though!